Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
So they did this and were told - Rivian is no longer re-instating orders, they only did so due to cancellation for price increase of 1 March, and the last date to re-instate had passed on 20 March.

But any sort of public campaign to keep order holders in line - nope, any press release announcing this - nope, just internal arbitrary decision on date.
This is the only piece that I agree with. They should have told people if March 20th was the date to meet. I don't recall seeing that anywhere. Heck, there was an email March 18th for FAQs for reinstating an order and it didn't have a date.

That said, it's May... It's more than 60 days past, could you imagine if your friends had a original timeframe for about now and Rivian now gets the order, has to figure out how to build and ship the car to your friends so they can meet their promise that they'll retain the original delivery estimate?

At some point it's time to continue down the list, but I do agree they should have asked folks to kindly reinstate by a certain date, a point of no return.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I see that March 20th was mentioned in an email sent to me on March 6 as a reservation holder who wasn't able to afford the price increase and as such I had cancelled my order. Amongst other things it stated, "If you don’t want to decide now, you have until March 20, 2022, to let us know." I think it is logical to assume that they had determined that those who had cancelled their orders after the price increase had done so as a result of the increase and as such would be the only group offered the opportunity to reinstate their orders. As a result, that group would be the only people to which the March 20th date would be relevant.
Hmm, I don’t have the same email. I cancelled on the 1st. Got an email from RJ on the 3rd. The FAQ on the 18th. Got a Friday update on the 25th. Welcome back letter on April 1. Restoration email on the 2nd.

Im not sure why I didn’t get the 20th deadline email but some did. That’s the only piece I think was missing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What did I just read?! Someone got bored, cancelled their order and then sort of, kind of tried to reinstate the order later? But were told no? 😗
They got impatient, not bored. But otherwise yes.

They didn't cancel because of price either, nor did they want to reinstate because of price. They only wanted to reinstate because they found out they could get it instead of waiting for it and they could potentially reinstate it utilizing the reinstating process due to the price increase.

So in short, they got impatient and then tried to take advantage of something else to cut back in line and were told no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.