Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I wouldn't say they will be Tesla for life. I've had 3 Tesla's and have on order, my 4th. But I am switching over to R1T as soon as I'm able to get into one.

I completely agree they shouldn't re-instate the order. Someone who just canceled because they didn't want to wait is just that - you lost your spot. If you want it, get a new order and get to the back of the line. As you said, they only re-instated orders which were canceled due to the price increase, and that makes sense to me. I would do the same in their position.

I've ordered my Tesla back in early March and from the forums, it seems my Aug-Oct delivery date is probably going to shift. There are people almost up to a year mark, waiting for their orders. If they cancel and then later change their mind, will Tesla put them back in the spot they were in? Nope. Plus they would have lost their $250 order fee paid.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They don't call 'em "Stealerships" for nothin'!
This seems to be pretty common right now with the shortage of vehicles. My dad placed an order for the Subaru Solterra and when they told him they are adding a 5k markup, he complained to Subaru corporate and then a few hours later, he got a call from the dealership that they are canceling his order because he's too difficult to work with. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.