Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a super tall person (6' 1") by any means, but my Torso is long and my legs are a bit short comparitivly speaking. I have to turn sideways and bend at the hips to enter vehicle without hitting my head on roof. I'm gonna check and see if the R1S has the same door dimensions, because I also have one on ordered. I love the build quality, the ride and the layout, but this might be a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
In my 2018 Outback, I used to sit down butt first and then bring my head in w/o having to duck or anything. And I wear wide brimmed hats due to a family history of facial and neck melanomas. In the R1T, doing the same thing results in my head hitting the top of the door frame and knocking my hat off. Therefore I've taken to leaning into the truck head first and then sliding my butt up and in. It works. <shrug>

pat----

Reactions: Rivinator

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
Once i'm inside, there's TONS of headroom. Just that the door jam is a little lower compared to the seat height that I had in the Outback. <shrug>

pat----

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm the same height, and had the same issue at first. I had to fiddle with the seat adjustment... a lot, lol. Trying to find that perfect spot that gives you good visibility of the instrument panel and also the correct height for both driving and entering proved impossible for me. My solution at first was to just lower the seat before I got in - easy to do and easy to restore to it's previous position once seated. Now I just duck my head mostly. These seats do have quite a bit of adjustment!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm the same height, and had the same issue at first. I had to fiddle with the seat adjustment... a lot, lol. Trying to find that perfect spot that gives you good visibility of the instrument panel and also the correct height for both driving and entering proved impossible for me. My solution at first was to just lower the seat before I got in - easy to do and easy to restore to it's previous position once seated. Now I just duck my head mostly. These seats do have quite a bit of adjustment!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll go and give it another try. I've ordered a thin, memory foam pad that hangs off the headrest. I hoping the lumbar part isn't too thick. If so I'll have a go at trimming it.
anzhixiu Thin and Light Back Cushion for Car Both fit Body Curve and Car Seat Curve - Memory Foam Car Back Support Improve Comfort and Reduce Driving Fatigue - Black

1 - 7 of 7 Posts