Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
After learning that my hospital is going to install a charging system, I started looking into EV's and the R1T is the first car that the wife is totally on board with. I currently have a Challenger Scat Pack Widebody and the Rivian will be my first car w/o a manual transmission since I've been driving. I am going with (for now at least) a Blue Explore with large pack, off road, and kitchen.
I'm excited about the Amazon partnership and feel like that will boost infrastructure to a point where it wouldn't be otherwise. I was hoping that when the USPS was looking for a replacement for its LLVs, they would've gone with EVs as I think that may have placed a charging station or two at some pretty remote spots in this big country.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a newbie too. Placed my R1S order 10 days ago. Since then I've learned a lot. Like "must have patience" ... you're looking at maybe a year? Maybe faster for the R1T folks like yourself.

What's your approximate location and how's the charging network in the places you'll go?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was hoping that when the USPS was looking for a replacement for its LLVs, they would've gone with EVs as I think that may have placed a charging station or two at some pretty remote spots in this big country.
Some will be EV's:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a newbie too. Placed my R1S order 10 days ago. Since then I've learned a lot. Like "must have patience" ... you're looking at maybe a year? Maybe faster for the R1T folks like yourself.

What's your approximate location and how's the charging network in the places you'll go?
Primarily when I'm using the vehicle I'll just be charging at work, or a public one if we venture to VB or OBX. Mainly I'll be plugging in at home as I won't be driving 7 days a week.

Some will be EV's:
Thanks for posting that, I feel like I had read it because I remembered that.. interesting design of the new postal vehicles. I did not notice the first time around that some of them would be plug-in.

Welcome to the forum @68wske.
Are you going to install a charging system at home or just rely on the public networks?
I do plan to install the wall charger, and charge mainly from home. I primarily commute on my motorcycle as I've only put <3k miles on my car in about a year doing about 60mi round trip at least 3days/week. But

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Hi all. Just placed my deposit for an R1T, which will be my first EV after years of buying nothing but gas-guzzling overpowered ICE performance vehicles.
Welcome to the forum @masmole
How did you spec your R1T? Did you consider any other vehicles before ordering it?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I do plan to install the wall charger, and charge mainly from home. I primarily commute on my motorcycle as I've only put <3k miles on my car in about a year doing about 60mi round trip at least 3days/week. But
I hope your home electricals are where they should be for a home charger.
Have you checked?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @masmole
How did you spec your R1T? Did you consider any other vehicles before ordering it?
R1T adventure pack in limestone over forest edge, 20” all-terrain, and some other extra gear. I considered an Audi e-tron suv, porsche taycan, audi A8 phev, and tesla model X. Still might change my mind on not only what color spec for R1T but maybe which car make and model depending on how long I can hold out waiting (I know the R1T will be a while for me) …but for now, my heart is set on waiting my turn for the Rivian truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome new members. I have been here just over a week and have also learned a lot. Not so much about the truck as I have been following for the last couple of years, but more on the expected timelines and what is currently happening with rivian. I am super excited about this truck. I’ve also had gas guzzling cars in my past and will be my first EV experience. My problem with many EVs out there is that even though they are fast, there’s nothing special about them in terms of look or cool factor. Only in the last year we have noticed more options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Placed my order for an R1T last month, never owned a truck before.
I'm on my second Tesla, as is my wife. I need to be able to haul stuff though,
before my first Tesla I had a minivan.

Greetings from Cape Cod,
/Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts