Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I believe you meant truck?

You should compare the R1T to "higher-end truck pricing", and you should compare R1S pricing to "luxury SUV pricing". If you are looking at affordability, which means many different things to different people, I would view LE Rivian R1T pricing as value-oriented & affordable (in comparison to a similarly equipped ICE vehicle), particularly when considering EV incentives, and in my case the ability to power the vehicle with an off-set from solar powered generated from my own roof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What does everyone do here to be able to afford this car ?
I do workforce development for a DoD contractor, but a more accurate answer would be - work my ass off. I feel like I was born to drive this truck, and that its performance characteristics were plucked straight from my robust little imagination. I cannot wait to get in the mountains with this thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What does everyone do here to be able to afford this car ?
I will be honest with you…I am a Physician Assistant in a small Midwest town. I try to live below my means, work hard to keep my body healthy, and I invest fairly heavily in higher risk investments (because I intend to work well into my late 70’s…61 now). 3 grown boys. 2 in manufacturing, 1 just finished his masters in biology and is interviewing for research careers. I have been looking at cleaner energy sources for years. Hydrogen fuel cell cars, hybrids, EVs. Don’t care for Elon musk, but highly respect RJ. Intelligent, forward thinking, driven, environmentally conscious individual (talking RJ here). I want to do my part to help preserve our future for those who will be here when I am gone, and I think it’s great that all of us who are patiently waiting for our vehicles are helping American manufacturing with clean, well paying, meaningful careers. I am willing to tap my 401K early to do it. Can’t (but have to) wait to get my solar panels installed with a battery, exit the grid, and start drastically cutting my carbon footprint when my vehicle is delivered. I love my Subaru Outback, but it is the last ICE vehicle I will ever own.Just stopped eating beef d/t the big carbon load it takes to process it. I consider MUCH more expensive not to buy this vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spent several months looking at new trucks in 2019 trying to find an upgrade for my 2012 Chevy Silverado. If I bought the exact truck I wanted from Ford at that time (no hybrid available then), it was going to sticker for $80k and sell for over $70k in the market. So, if you're trying to say that $73k for a new truck is unreasonable for the average consumer, then so is any new truck.

By the way, the Silverado is now up to 191k miles. Crossing my fingers it will hold together until my turn comes.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche 718 Cayman S (mine) & 2020 Porsche Macan S (wifey)
10 Posts
.. "retired" executive for a tech company. I say "retired" as my wife and I have been traveling since leaving our stressful corporate careers and looking for our next gig. Note, I just turned 40 and wifey's 35... :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.