Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come across the interior dimensions yet?

I need to fit 3 car seats, including 1 rear facing, so I need to make sure the second row has enough space.
Any updates?

thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone posted this in another thread. So it should fit three in the R1T.
Thanks! I had the same info from Rivian already. I’m trying to find legroom. When you put a rear facing car seat in lots of these trucks, the front seats have to go so far forward, a normal adult can’t fit in front anymore. When the kids turn around, they need a place for their legs to go too.
I can’t find the actual dimensions anywhere.

you also need the width to determine if 3 seats really can fit across. My grand Cherokee is worthless and the wife’s xc90 is marginally better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trying to use the integrated center booster for the oldest, a diono (thinnest you can get) for the middle. Problem is the infant base - they’re all enormous, so we can’t buckle up from the booster.

We’ve started putting the oldest in the 3rd row, requiring him to climb in. Once the baby is out of the base, we’ll be in better shape.

The R1S is for me, replacing the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Here's how interior dimensions of the R1T stack up to the F-150 and Silverado.

Rivian R1T vs Ford F-150

Rivian R1T vs Chevy Silverado

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd be interested to see it against the Tacoma and Ridgeline, as well.

I didn't think the F-150 was appreciably larger than other full size trucks, but the Silverado has 54.9" hip room and the F-150 has 62.5"... That makes me think these measurements are almost useless for telling us how much space there actually is and how these vehicles will feel like to sit in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone come up with width of the rear space? I would like to know if I can lay a 4x8' piece of plywood flat with just rear overhang. And yes, the obvious question will come from someone "Why don't you get an R1T if that is your concern?" Could be the same width issue?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Has anyone come up with width of the rear space? I would like to know if I can lay a 4x8' piece of plywood flat with just rear overhang. And yes, the obvious question will come from someone "Why don't you get an R1T if that is your concern?" Could be the same width issue?
The R1T bed width, between the wheel arches, is 51.1", so a 4x8 sheet of plywood will lay flat.

The bed length with the tailgate down is 83.9", so only about 1 foot of a 4x8 sheet would stick out past the tailgate.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here is the rear R1S specs from CS, not sure where the smallest section is but 1084 mm or 42 inches.

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is the rear R1S specs from CS, not sure where the smallest section is but 1084 mm or 42 inches.

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.

• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm. (33.6 inches)
• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm. (36.4 inches)
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have read official Rivian communique stating "three full size car seats" but without a link I'm useless...

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was concerned about the interior dimensions when Rivian released them since I'm not a tiny guy (6', 230#). I contacted CS and they sent me this picture of Shaq (7'1", 324#) sitting inside an R1t. I think my concern was answered....
I want to see an adult sit behind Shaq, however.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I was concerned about the interior dimensions when Rivian released them since I'm not a tiny guy (6', 230#). I contacted CS and they sent me this picture of Shaq (7'1", 324#) sitting inside an R1t. I think my concern was answered..... View attachment 2333
Welcome to the forum @3MileLyle!

Do you have any concerns about how the seat is shaped? Aside from head and leg room, seat bolsters, back support and so on are usually other concerns that follow. Add your Rivian to the New Rivian Order Tracker - Enter Your Configuration Here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts