Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alex from his E for Electric yt channel posted an interesting video where his guest Tom Moloughney, an InsideEVs contributor, gave a report of an exclusive interview he had with EA's CEO, COO and I believe the director of technology to understand some of the problems and challenges EA had and are still facing.

It's fairly long so grab a cup/glass of your favorite beverage. I also recommend setting playback speed at least at times 1.25 and watch to nearly the end, say until there is 2 minutes left. The YT link below should jump you into the video at the 3:47 mark.

UPDATE: Here's a link to Tom's InsideEVs article for those who would rather read it - "Electrify America Talks Charging Network Problems, Has Solutions"

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very interesting stuff about the differences between the Tesla and Electrify America networks. It still seems like EA has some things to work on to make their stations better to use compared to Tesla.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated OP with link to Tom's article posted on InsideEVs' website.

A couple of quick excerpts:

"Plug and Charge will be introduced in 2020: 2020 will bring the first vehicles that utilize ISO 15118 capability on the Electrify America network. Plug and Charge will dramatically improve the customer experience, as there will be no need to swipe a credit card or even use an app to initiate a charging session. The customer will simply pull up and plug in like Tesla owners do at Superchargers. The station will identify the vehicle and automatically bill the customer's account for the session. "

"... invited me back in six months to check-in and discuss their progress. Of course, we'll take them up on that offer."

Looking forward to both of these!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Updated OP with link to Tom's article posted on InsideEVs' website.

A couple of quick excerpts:

"Plug and Charge will be introduced in 2020: 2020 will bring the first vehicles that utilize ISO 15118 capability on the Electrify America network. Plug and Charge will dramatically improve the customer experience, as there will be no need to swipe a credit card or even use an app to initiate a charging session. The customer will simply pull up and plug in like Tesla owners do at Superchargers. The station will identify the vehicle and automatically bill the customer's account for the session. "

"... invited me back in six months to check-in and discuss their progress. Of course, we'll take them up on that offer."

Looking forward to both of these!
Plug and Charge is going to be a very key feature, glad to see Rivian is going to have this ready for us to use.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plug and Charge is going to be a very key feature, glad to see Rivian is going to have this ready for us to use.
Hopefully. Looks like they might be still looking for someone to help them with it. Rivian Automotive - Senior Director, Architect - Charging

I vaguely recall Rivian would support this. Would you happen to have a link or source where a Rivian rep has actually said they will?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hopefully. Looks like they might be still looking for someone to help them with it. Rivian Automotive - Senior Director, Architect - Charging

I vaguely recall Rivian would support this. Would you happen to have a link or source where a Rivian rep has actually said they will?
I haven't heard or seen anything officially from Rivian about this. I think I was getting ahead of myself with that post. But it should be something that they should be preparing for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts