Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More 🐎:poop:

In May, we reached out to some of you, via survey and Guide conversations, to see if you were interested in reconfiguring your preorder to take delivery sooner. The volume and enthusiasm of the responses told us it was a path worth exploring. We tested this approach with customers across a spectrum of preorder dates to ensure it would be valuable, and now that we’re ready to launch this new online experience, we’ll no longer need to send individual email surveys to additional customers.

Introducing the R1 Shop

This month, we’ll introduce the R1 Shop, an online experience that gives invited preorder holders the opportunity to swap their current R1 configuration* for a new configuration with expected delivery in the next 6-8 weeks or sooner.

The first shop invitations will go out to some of our earliest R1T preorder holders this week, and we’ll continue to add invites on a rolling basis weighing factors like preorder date, current configuration, and vehicle availability. Once invited, you'll have access to the R1 Shop for one week, to give as many of you who are ready to make the shift the chance to do so.

Rivian will continue to build to order, however, there are often opportunities to more quickly receive your vehicle if you have flexibility in your configuration. The R1 Shop has been created to allow you to look at vehicles that are available due to last-minute order changes from other customers as well as our intentional use of batching for some of our more popular combinations. Of course, if you prefer to get exactly the configuration you preordered, this process won’t impact you.

Refreshed Delivery Window Estimates

This week, we’ll be updating delivery window estimates for some preorder holders. This first round will prioritize two groups of customers:

Preorder holders with updated delivery window estimates in 2022

A 2022 window means purchase day is in sight! There’s a lot to coordinate, from vehicle trade-ins to quotes for insurance and financing. Your window will let you know when it’s time to start thinking through the details.

Preorder holders who no longer have delivery window estimates in 2022

As we’ve continued to ramp production, we’ve seen some customers’ delivery windows move up while others push back. This includes much anticipated updates to many of our R1S preorder holders. For those who’d previously received an estimated window in 2022 but will now be later than that, we want you to have this update so that you can adjust your plans accordingly.

For all other preorder holders, we plan to share updated delivery window estimates on a rolling basis through the remainder of the year.

We hope all of this adds some clarity on when to expect your Rivian. We’re so excited for you to get behind the wheel, and we know that you are, too.

If you have any questions, please reach out.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

·
Registered
25 Posts

In May, we reached out to some of you, via survey and Guide conversations, to see if you were interested in reconfiguring your preorder to take delivery sooner. The volume and enthusiasm of the responses told us it was a path worth exploring. We tested this approach with customers across a spectrum of preorder dates to ensure it would be valuable, and now that we’re ready to launch this new online experience, we’ll no longer need to send individual email surveys to additional customers.

Introducing the R1 Shop

This month, we’ll introduce the R1 Shop, an online experience that gives invited preorder holders the opportunity to swap their current R1 configuration* for a new configuration with expected delivery in the next 6-8 weeks or sooner.

The first shop invitations will go out to some of our earliest R1T preorder holders this week, and we’ll continue to add invites on a rolling basis weighing factors like preorder date, current configuration, and vehicle availability. Once invited, you'll have access to the R1 Shop for one week, to give as many of you who are ready to make the shift the chance to do so.

Rivian will continue to build to order, however, there are often opportunities to more quickly receive your vehicle if you have flexibility in your configuration. The R1 Shop has been created to allow you to look at vehicles that are available due to last-minute order changes from other customers as well as our intentional use of batching for some of our more popular combinations. Of course, if you prefer to get exactly the configuration you preordered, this process won’t impact you.

This week, we’ll be updating delivery window estimates for some preorder holders. This first round will prioritize two groups of customers:

A 2022 window means purchase day is in sight! There’s a lot to coordinate, from vehicle trade-ins to quotes for insurance and financing. Your window will let you know when it’s time to start thinking through the details.

As we’ve continued to ramp production, we’ve seen some customers’ delivery windows move up while others push back. This includes much anticipated updates to many of our R1S preorder holders. For those who’d previously received an estimated window in 2022 but will now be later than that, we want you to have this update so that you can adjust your plans accordingly.

For all other preorder holders, we plan to share updated delivery window estimates on a rolling basis through the remainder of the year.

We hope all of this adds some clarity on when to expect your Rivian. We’re so excited for you to get behind the wheel, and we know that you are, too.

Tony Caravano

·
Registered
16 Posts

Introducing the R1 Shop

Tony Caravano
So - R1S is pushed till 2023?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate the communications effort but not very clear (at least for me). I guess we will have to wait to see if we receive the customer specific R1 Shop and until we do we won’t have an indication of a delivery window? Is that your take?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Currently on hold with Rivian. The way they communicate is crazy. I had a first drive on Saturday and the person with me said that there are R1S's in Brooklyn.
I've reached out to CS every month for the past 6 months asking if they were confident in June/July. They said, yes, 100%. I'm limping along with my truck, just waiting.... And nothing is worse than and email saying they've got a new tool/update - but don't actually share the update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've reached out to CS every month for the past 6 months asking if they were confident in June/July. They said, yes, 100%. I'm limping along with my truck, just waiting.... And nothing is worse than and email saying they've got a new tool/update - but don't actually share the update.
My service engine soon light came on on Saturday, so I'm in the same boat. I will say that someone I work with saw a R1S in San Diego yesterday, on the road.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I appreciate the communications effort but not very clear (at least for me). I guess we will have to wait to see if we receive the customer specific R1 Shop and until we do we won’t have an indication of a delivery window? Is that your take?
I'm sure us R1S holders will get an email saying they're delaying delivery till pigs fly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
They've been dangling supposed updates to the accounts since late last year. We were to see updated delivery windows in January - instead they dropped the turdburger price updates. Other than the deletion of the words "Deliveries start Jan 2022" nothing has ever changed in my account.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Such BS if they push the R1S to 2023. I know that I’m one of the first Adventure R1S preorders and currently have an Oct - Dec 2022 window. It’s got to be a common build, GW with BM interior that I preordered in August 2020. If it gets pushed back past Jan 2023, I’m out.

Not to mention that their communications are still piss poor. I was told by Rivian CS that we would definitely be getting updated delivery windows by May 31. This was on May 30. At this point, they are just flat out lying to people. They should have been giving us updates on the R1S and if there are going to be delays, they should have started managing expectations a couple of months ago. Why don’t they learn from past mistakes? Not good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Such BS if they push the R1S to 2023. I know that I’m one of the first Adventure R1S preorders and currently have an Oct - Dec 2022 window. If it gets pushed back past Jan 2023, I’m out.

Not to mention that their communications are still piss poor. I was told by Rivian CS that we would definitely be getting updated delivery windows by May 31. This was on May 30. At this point, they are just flat out lying to people. They should have been giving us updates on the R1S and if there are going to be delays, they should have started managing expectations a couple of months ago. Why don’t they learn from past mistakes? Not good.
I ordered a water bottle from them and was shocked it arrived on time and wasn't delayed 3 years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m confused - I’ve signed paperwork for R1S and confirmed my configuration in April . Visited the plant and saw (although only a few) R1S on the floor and in the lot. I’ve been told, and heard from RJ at last weeks New York interviews speak to ramping up and R1S - I think they are now three to four months behind. They also changed expectations from 44K vehicles by YE to 25k, that’s after Novembers ’21 delivery window estimates were issued . So my thoughts are 20k vehicles are not coming in 2022 and with R1S now months behind a lot of R1S preorders are going to get bumped. That shouldn’t mean R1S will not start deliveries in the next 45-60 days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m confused - I’ve signed paperwork for R1S and confirmed my configuration in April . Visited the plant and saw (although only a few) R1S on the floor and in the lot. I’ve been told, and heard from RJ at last weeks New York interviews speak to ramping up and R1S - I think they are now three to four months behind. They also changed expectations from 44K vehicles by YE to 25k, that’s after Novembers ’21 delivery window estimates were issued . So my thoughts are 20k vehicles are not coming in 2022 and with R1S now months behind a lot of R1S preorders are going to get bumped. That shouldn’t mean R1S will not start deliveries in the next 45-60 days.
I think it's super vague line in the email that says there will be another R1s update/delay - but nothing more specific than that.

What is your config/Location? Was your delivery timeline June/July? I'm forest green, black mountain and they've said June/July for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Deposit as of Dec. 4, 2018 - definitely one of the first deposit holders for R1S
Received email stating delivery window April-May 2022
Guide contacted me mid-April
Confirmed my build on first call with guide and website configurator later updated - Launch Edition El Cap Granite and BM interior
Subsequent emails with guide indicated delivery slippage to mid-June

THEN TODAY THIS EMAIL FROM CARAVANO
I reached out to my guide for clarity and will update when I hear something

Most likely will give up my deposit if delivery is pushed to 2023

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a R1S late last year before the price hike. I wasn't suprised nor upset by the price hike. I would have just moved on down the road. My delivery date is probably not until 2024. :) When I was "your" age and had odered at the beginning I probably would have gotten upset. That didn't work our too well for me in the past. I hope that I get it while I can still enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Introducing the R1 Shop

Tony Caravano
1) I thought R1S was already pushed out to 2023 for everyone? I'm confused why so many replies are angry here. Wonder how many R1S holders were told they had 2022 deliveries coming sooner than '23. 2) They need to BEAT the 25,000 production forecast they issued to Wall Street. This is CRUCIAL for the company's survival long-term (if they need to raise additional capital for R2 launch). So to upset a few R1S holders to reconfigure the color options/etc. and batch produce more R1Ts with fewer configurations in the hopes of beating 25k units this year with more production, then I AM ALL FOR IT!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Deposit as of Dec. 4, 2018 - definitely one of the first deposit holders for R1S
Received email stating delivery window April-May 2022
Guide contacted me mid-April
Confirmed my build on first call with guide and website configurator later updated - Launch Edition El Cap Granite and BM interior
Subsequent emails with guide indicated delivery slippage to mid-June

THEN TODAY THIS EMAIL FROM CARAVANO
I reached out to my guide for clarity and will update when I hear something

Most likely will give up my deposit if delivery is pushed to 2023
Especially since that config is common. There's no reason for you to be skipped in that situation.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts