Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
R1S - Apr-May moved to Oct-Dec. Details of order in signature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have any updates on the R1 Shop? Shocked this thread has dried up...figured we'd be seeing daily pictures of the shop and hearing about people's experience with it during and after...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the thread dried up because the R1 Shop turned out to be 16 R1T vehicles if I read other posts correctly.
@Tsunami at first glance it appears that way, but if you look closer it's more like a limited number of builds, but each of those builds would or could have multiple trucks available. Hence why they don't list a VIN or location initially. If there truly were only a handful available daily, they'd be gone within minutes/hours, but usually they last the entire day till the last of that quantity has been chosen. I can only imagine shop access is given to hundreds of people on a weekly basis and a large part of those people are probably willing to compromise to get sooner so the demand is there for them. That's an assumption I'm making though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your take is probably right. But still seems like Rivian is trying to put a bandaid on a compound fracture. Anyway, the R1 Shop is irrelevant to me because I have a deposit on an R1S and the shop ain't got any of those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your take is probably right. But still seems like Rivian is trying to put a bandaid on a compound fracture. Anyway, the R1 Shop is irrelevant to me because I have a deposit on an R1S and the shop ain't got any of those.
@Tsunami agreed about the bandaid comment. ha. It's not perfect but I'm assuming they had/have a large backlog just waiting for owners and they couldn't match them quick enough manually.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I think the thread dried up because the R1 Shop turned out to be 16 R1T vehicles if I read other posts correctly.
I got the invite a couple of weeks ago. There were 5 R1Ts. None that would remotely make me order over waiting for the one I want. I tried the link just now and I seem to get in but it's just loading and no trucks are populating the page.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts