Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with the inductive charging of an iPhone 14 on the R1T center console? My iPhone 12 worked fine but I’m unable to get the 14 to charge at all (inductively). I think the problem is that the camera bezel on the 14 is taller than on previous models, which effectively places the receiving coil inside the phone further away from the transmitting coil in the center console.

I have a wireless charger on my bedside table that still charges the 14 fine (even though the phone does sit at a slight angle on the charger now due to said taller bezel), so I don’t think the height of that bezel alone is necessarily the culprit, but perhaps the charger in the R1T center console is not very strong (it was always a little flaky even with my 12) and that combined with the now greater distance between transmitting and receiving coils just exceeds the overall capability of the system.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas for a solution? I do have a case on my phone. It’s not particularly thick. When I remove the case it does charge. Would be a bummer if I have to take my case off to charge my phone in the car, or worse use a USB cable (like a peasant).

· Vendor
66 Posts
The TWRAPS solutions looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this - just pre-ordered one. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship.
I should be able to ship them all this week! Had a hiccup with materials deliveries, but they finally arrived so we're already in production....need a few days to flush them all out, and shipping starts tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts