Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, has anyone with a Rivian pre-order considered cancelling it given all uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus? Or are you planning to still going through with it?

This may sound like an overreaction since Rivian hasn't started production but this virus is affecting everyone in different ways, especially financially. I know my bank account is starting to tighten up because of this virus.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't canceled, and not planning on it, but I am cautiously watching both the US and global markets. I have 20+ years until retirement, but like you, I'm starting to reevaluate my spending habits.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I haven't canceled, and not planning on it, but I am cautiously watching both the US and global markets. I have 20+ years until retirement, but like you, I'm starting to reevaluate my spending habits.
Wise.

But yes, no change.

I'm not retiring any time either. In the long haul, this will just be an economic blip. As bad as it is right now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rivian just gave official word on the delay that should see cancellations increase:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rivian just gave official word on the delay that should see cancellations increase:
It'll be interesting to see how many orders they'll have left once this coronavirus situation has been dealt with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm guessing that they won't see as many cancellations as you think. Anyone who has been thru this with Tesla knows that the launch of a vehicle is iffy at best until they actually come off the line.
Based on what happened with the Model 3, Y, Semi, Roadster, we went into this expecting that there would be delays (not knowing about Covid at the time). We love the vehicle and believe in the mission so we'll take ownership when they come out. Until then, saving a few more dollars for some other options. :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing that they won't see as many cancellations as you think. Anyone who has been thru this with Tesla knows that the launch of a vehicle is iffy at best until they actually come off the line.
Based on what happened with the Model 3, Y, Semi, Roadster, we went into this expecting that there would be delays (not knowing about Covid at the time). We love the vehicle and believe in the mission so we'll take ownership when they come out. Until then, saving a few more dollars for some other options. :)
I hope you're right Joe! I hope people stick with Rivian like they've done with Tesla.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts