Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In July 2021, Rivian will begin customer deliveries of pre-ordered Launch Edition R1T pickup trucks. A Rivian Guide will contact you with further delivery expectations, timing and other details. If you ordered one of these very first units, comment below. Curious to see how many we have!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Be great to hear from anyone else contacted by a guide in June also. Seems like just a few to date, which makes sense until they get the details on delivery hammered out, but the trickle of contacts from guides appears to have stopped (at least from the online monitoring of sites like this). My guess is that the flood gates will start to open with the city tours, but pure speculation of course

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be great to hear from anyone else contacted by a guide in June also. Seems like just a few to date, which makes sense until they get the details on delivery hammered out, but the trickle of contacts from guides appears to have stopped (at least from the online monitoring of sites like this). My guess is that the flood gates will start to open with the city tours, but pure speculation of course
It also helps that Rivian has been ramping up hiring for front line positions lately.

Can't be much longer!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone with a delivery date yet?
No exact date here but some timeline info from a Rivian rep I spoke to recently:

"The Launch Edition R1T starts deliveries this month and the Launch Editions R1S starts deliveries in August. Adventure and Explore Package deliveries begin in January 2022."

"As we ramp up to full production in the coming months, we will have a much better idea of our speed of production and be able to provide more accurate delivery dates to our community."

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
No exact date here but some timeline info from a Rivian rep I spoke to recently:

"The Launch Edition R1T starts deliveries this month and the Launch Editions R1S starts deliveries in August. Adventure and Explore Package deliveries begin in January 2022."

"As we ramp up to full production in the coming months, we will have a much better idea of our speed of production and be able to provide more accurate delivery dates to our community."
It's only a matter of time now before someone gets theirs first. Though if it's starting this month it's going to be like July 29-30 when the first ones arrive. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I think it’s fine if it’s the end of the month… But IMO Rivian really needs to deliver at least a few R1Ts into the hands of normal people, this month. Not celebrities. Not employees. Not investors. Not the media. Actual normal people.

If they do that, then they meet their commitment. If they fail to do that, then that’s a big hit to my opinion and confidence in Rivian. They told us at the 23rd hour that they would miss June and it would be July. If they needed more than an extra month then they should have said so. By saying July, they made that commitment — I am holding them to that, in my mind.

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from anyone who has actually finalized a config or started the finance process. The clock is ticking if Rivian is going to make good on their promise — or will they be another Tesla?

·
Registered
2017 Chevy BoltEV, 2016 Chevy Volt, 2017 Toyota RAV4
47 Posts
Rivian has said that anyone purchasing their wall charger would have it sent out with Guide assisted installation prior to delivery. Obviously, not everyone will buy the Rivian charger, but it is a good price for a 48amp unit to get the maximum home charging rate. Ship device, arrange electrician/self to install....this should be happening now/soon I would think. Anybody have one on the way???

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rivian has said that anyone purchasing their wall charger would have it sent out with Guide assisted installation prior to delivery. Obviously, not everyone will buy the Rivian charger, but it is a good price for a 48amp unit to get the maximum home charging rate. Ship device, arrange electrician/self to install....this should be happening now/soon I would think. Anybody have one on the way???
It might vary initially depending on the agreements that Rivian can form with local electrical contractors. It's how I heard they will help get our wallbox chargers installed. Try reaching out to big and reputable contractors near you, they might let you know if they are involved.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Some news came out that Rivian is partnering with Qmerit for home charger installation.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some news came out that Rivian is partnering with Qmerit for home charger installation.

Nice. I hope they're open to answering questions we have.

Here's what they posted on Instagram as the press release went live.
http://instagr.am/p/CRCNBSUDqk2/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Dec 13, 2018 R1S order and Feb 14, 2019 R1T order. Rivian support keeps telling me that customers with both R1T and R1S reservations will have first priority. I'm also about 15 miles from their Irvine, CA HQ... which I would suppose means there is delivery and maintenance support nearby. Have had both Launch Editions configured since the day they opened configurations...

But yet, still no word from a Rivian Guide.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.