Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think Rivian has mentioned anything like this yet (correct me if I'm wrong) but what kind of security systems are the R1S and R1T going to come with? Is it going to have some kind of a sentry mode like Tesla?

The last thing I want to see is someone's Rivian getting damaged, keyed, or broken into because it's a new high-end vehicle and the person gets away with it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
While attending the Normal event on Oct 13th I had asked the R1S team lead this exact question. In short his answer was ... yes!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will definitely have the cameras to support it if this diagram from their website is any indication. I count 7 cameras.
Based on that photo cameras definitely won't be an issue. I wonder how it would differ to the system that Tesla has.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's great news! Did they share any other details about it by any chance?
Sorry for the belated reply as I just saw your post.
As you probably suspect he did not provide any details other to say it will minimally match if not exceed what Tesla offers. I felt like saying hey I'm already a pre-order holder you don't need to sell me on it ...:LOL::LOL::LOL: ... but I didn't.

It's funny, when I or others ask about things like this I usually come away with the same multiple questions ... What are the feature details, will it be standard or optional, if optional, how much? It would seem this was another one of those situations ... where one (barely answered) question leads to many more unanswered questions. :sneaky:. Anybody else feeling a little exhausted by this unpeeling the onion process?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the belated reply as I just saw your post.
As you probably suspect he did not provide any details other to say it will minimally match if not exceed what Tesla offers. I felt like saying hey I'm already a pre-order holder you don't need to sell me on it ...:LOL::LOL::LOL: ... but I didn't.

It's funny, when I or others ask about things like this I usually come away with the same multiple questions ... What are the feature details, will it be standard or optional, if optional, how much? It would seem this was another one of those situations ... where one (barely answered) question leads to many more unanswered questions. :sneaky:. Anybody else feeling a little exhausted by this unpeeling the onion process?
Hahaha that would've been funny if you mentioned that to him! I figured that you wouldn't have gotten an answer but you never know.

I'm also getting worn down by the slow burn of information. The Fully Charged video was great but I need something a bit more concrete with specs or features.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If Rivian doesn't offer a sentry mode of some kind that's going to be very disappointing for me. Anytime I park in a crowded space I'd like to know that if something happens I can find out what happened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts