Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a lot of posts about production flaws, delivery checklists, etc. Is there any info (other than armchair speculation) that Rivian has actually made changes to its production line to address these flaws? I guess I'm wondering if some of the early flaws are no longer popping up.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The ONLY way your are going to get that kind of information is for someone at Normal to be posting daily quality updates here. Since I bet that would be in violation of a working agreement they signed at employment, all you are going to get is speculation.

That said, FWIW, I have a 9000+ vin number and I just had a repair tech perform a paint touch up last night. He stated to me that my truck's panel gaps are waaaay better than what he is used to working on. He stated he worked on VIN #00015. So that says a lot to me that they are making strides to get panel gaps in alignment. But having worked in multiple assembly plants, I can tell you first hand that auto production quality is an ENDLESS task. There are still issues for the 2022 Chevy Camaro being assembled in Lansing, MI. And this generation of Camaro has been built there since 2015! So, in a nutshell, quality improvements is a journey NOT a destination.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As someone about to take delivery, I ask because there's quite a few "delivery checklists" out there that flag problems that may no longer be problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts