Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I start off by mentioning that I've only driven my new R1T for a total of only 80 miles. Being a Tesla M3 owner I'm used to having the car nudge me back towards the centerline if I'm tending to drift out of the lane. This is a feature I can choose in the menu and is very subtle.

Yesterday I was driving the R1T in sport mode on some winding country roads and, at times, I noticed the car was turning into corners without my input. It felt as if two of us were driving at the same time. It was not a pleasant experience! I was trying to figure out if it had something to do with the reduced stability in sport mode or was the stability reacting to the camber of the road as the feeling disappeared when driving straight.

I looked through the menu and couldn't find a screen that would deactivate this.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a setting to turn off the lane-keeping assist function. It's under the Driver+ settings, you have to scroll down. You're given the choice of no lane departure alert, vibration, sound, and below that is the switch to turn off the assist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts