Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rivian RT1 arrived yesterday.

Two words that you don't associate with a pickup truck: Kind and wise.

The UI, the fit and finish, the design choices, the way it feels--it was built by someone who is as opposite to Elon as I can imagine.

There are some quirks, sure, but it feels like this is version 7 of a car, not the beta.

It doesn't argue with me, it doesn't assert that I'm an idiot (been a Tesla person from the start, and continue to marvel at how arrogant each model is to the driver.)

The RT1 goes where I want it to. It's quiet, of course, but more Star Trekky than a Tesla in terms of the whirring and such.

I'm not a pickup truck guy, but this suburban driver feels at home in this truck. It's not stupid big, it's not more powerful than it needs to be, and it's responsive.

In just about every way, it has exceeded my first day expectations.

Worth the wait.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Rivian RT1 arrived yesterday.

Two words that you don't associate with a pickup truck: Kind and wise.

The UI, the fit and finish, the design choices, the way it feels--it was built by someone who is as opposite to Elon as I can imagine.

There are some quirks, sure, but it feels like this is version 7 of a car, not the beta.

It doesn't argue with me, it doesn't assert that I'm an idiot (been a Tesla person from the start, and continue to marvel at how arrogant each model is to the driver.)

The RT1 goes where I want it to. It's quiet, of course, but more Star Trekky than a Tesla in terms of the whirring and such.

I'm not a pickup truck guy, but this suburban driver feels at home in this truck. It's not stupid big, it's not more powerful than it needs to be, and it's responsive.

In just about every way, it has exceeded my first day expectations.

Worth the wait.
Loved your books over the years Seth! Look forward to seeing more of your Rivian experiences!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts