Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First estimated to be offered at $57-$62 per share.

Then the day before, get a message that it would be $72-$74, A roughly 25% increase.

Then the official notice to confirm my allocation at a price of $78.

Don't think I can do it. At $57-$62 was pushing it for a startup company, but was willing to gamble long term. Was almost certainly out at a 25% price hike the day before. Now another nearly 10% price hike at the actual time of?? A 37% hike in pricing just took away the margin of error I was hoping for with such an investment.

Maybe it will drop at the open tomorrow and I'll reconsider just a standard purchase instead of the "good deal" offered to pre-order holders.

Am I wrong? Really was looking forward to getting in on the ground floor with this company for the past two years, but never expected it to be remotely this high. Even Lucid is only at $44 and they're already delivering vehicles. They started off around $23 per share. Spiked in price exactly when Tesla did. But Tesla has plunged 15% in the past two days!.

Would love to hear other's thoughts and opinions............before letting the deadline of 7:00 eastern time pass. Less than 9 hours from now.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I added the full press release from Rivian announcing the upsized IPO here:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Felt bad at the start, but already dropped from the $120's back to teh $90's. See where it ends up. At least it didn't skyrocket to $200+. So, there should be more chances to let see how it performs, then still jump in at a relatively early level for those that want to.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green (8/14/2019 Preorder)
194 Posts
The world has a new billionaire! Great to be an American where intelligence coupled with hard work brings success. We are helping to host a refugee family from Afghanistan—just made it here to Utah today—and I am tearful at the contrast between the blessings of being an American compared to the experience of so many in oppressed parts of the world. A lot of the cares and complaints in 1% world became less significant to me today. God is good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.