Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to buy a vehicle sometime in the next few months, but I've always wanted a truck and I told myself my next car purchase was going to be a BEV. Fingers crossed my current old car makes it for another year (pandemic driving is sharply curtailed so I'm cautiously optimistic) and on that hope I put my order in just a few minutes ago. If circumstances force my hand though I am glad the option to cancel the order and refund the deposit is available.

R1T - Explore - El Cap Gray - Max Pack - Off Road enhancements

I was considering getting the Cybertruck but it looks like:
A) Rivian will beat them to deliveries
B) Let's just say Tesla's quality control is "iffy" sometimes
C) The R1T will fit nicely in our condo's covered spot while leaving space for my partner to park as well, the Cybertruck would be a much tighter squeeze.
D) TANK TURNS!!!!!
E) Styling - the CT is just... "too much" for me I think.

Anyway, hello! Nice to find and meet y'all.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
Welcome! I also have always wanted a truck, but I can not justify the money on one giving that an SUV works best for my family. So I am going for the R1S!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Scott Anderson.
Nice spec R1T, hopefully you end up getting it. Were you always set on that spec or considered other options?
I think the electric Ford F-150 will arrive before our R1T's. Is it on your radar too?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Scott McCarroll

Did you add your info to our tracking doc yet? Some pretty cool info there about who ordered what, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts