Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just bit the bullet on a Rivian Blue R1T on January 12. I have had a Cybertruck pre-order since April 2020, but based on the videos and articles I have reviewed, am much more likely to finalize the Rivian order. i am not one of those people who hates the exterior of the Cybertruck — it’s mostly things like the interior, the “real” truck feel that I anticipate with the Rivian, that put me over the edge. I don’t like the steering yoke thing on the Cybertruck and was never a fan of Tesla’s giant iPad looking display. I guess part of me still hoped that the Tesla design would be revised significantly when it neared production.

I saw my first live Rivian this last weekend on a ski trip. My wife and I acted like we saw a superstar.

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself. I’m very much looking forward to the Rivian but I realize it’s going to be quite a while. On that note, I have searched the forums and the web, and I get that it’s hard to estimate delivery dates on new orders, due to many factors like production speed ramping up, the chip shortage, and significantly, the fact that no one knows exactly what percentage of pre-orders will be finalized. All that said, does anyone have a very loose guess as to what kind of dates new R1T orders with the “large pack“ battery - the smaller one with the 300+ mile range - will be shipping? I have seen the announcement about the bigger batteries not delivering until 2023, but does that imply that recent orders on the smaller batteries could actually ship in 2022? I’m assuming no and my guess is sometime in 2023, but I was curious if anyone had a different thought.

Cheers!

Tomas

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi everyone. Just bit the bullet on a Rivian Blue R1T on January 12. I have had a Cybertruck pre-order since April 2020, but based on the videos and articles I have reviewed, am much more likely to finalize the Rivian order. i am not one of those people who hates the exterior of the Cybertruck — it’s mostly things like the interior, the “real” truck feel that I anticipate with the Rivian, that put me over the edge. I don’t like the steering yoke thing on the Cybertruck and was never a fan of Tesla’s giant iPad looking display. I guess part of me still hoped that the Tesla design would be revised significantly when it neared production.

I saw my first live Rivian this last weekend on a ski trip. My wife and I acted like we saw a superstar.

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself. I’m very much looking forward to the Rivian but I realize it’s going to be quite a while. On that note, I have searched the forums and the web, and I get that it’s hard to estimate delivery dates on new orders, due to many factors like production speed ramping up, the chip shortage, and significantly, the fact that no one knows exactly what percentage of pre-orders will be finalized. All that said, does anyone have a very loose guess as to what kind of dates new R1T orders with the “large pack“ battery - the smaller one with the 300+ mile range - will be shipping? I have seen the announcement about the bigger batteries not delivering until 2023, but does that imply that recent orders on the smaller batteries could actually ship in 2022? I’m assuming no and my guess is sometime in 2023, but I was curious if anyone had a different thought.

Cheers!

Tomas
Welcome

You are probably looking at some time in ‘23. There were over 70k orders back in December, a lot depends on the ramp up and conversion rate from preorder to order. My guess is you should have a better guess after second quarter this year as many of the LE orders should be in customer hands if things are going to their plans.

Rivian will give their 2021 results probably early March, they may give more details about current reservation counts and latest deliveries but you may need to wait for the quarterly reports. We will have a little more information now that they are a public company and need to start quarterly reporting then we have had in the past.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts