Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christian Meunier, the president of Jeep spoke with Autocar about Jeep's future hybrid and electric models.

In the interview he talked about the performance of an all-electric Wrangler Rubicon: "This is a car that’s going to do 0-60 mph in six seconds, potentially, so you’re going to get acceleration you’re never going to get with an engine. You’re going to get the most capable Jeep ever."

That's a lot of praise to call it the most capable Jeep ever.

In the article Meunier doesn't give a timeline other than saying that we’ll soon see “a lot of things we are working on, like a BEV.” But it'll be interesting to see how an electric Jeep Wrangler would perform both on and off road. It would be a very interesting rival to the R1S. It will also likely drive a lot of Jeep enthusiasts insane haha.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't wait to see how Jeep fans react to an electric Wrangler. I'm predicting a lot of upset people.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to see how Jeep fans react to an electric Wrangler. I'm predicting a lot of upset people.
You never know, some Jeep fans might be won over by the electric versions. But at the very least the EV will open them up to a whole new demographic.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You never know, some Jeep fans might be won over by the electric versions. But at the very least the EV will open them up to a whole new demographic.
Maybe but I'm willing to bet that there's going to be outrage like mustang fans with the new Mach-E.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts