Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep is planning on revealing a new concept for a fully electric Wrangler at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah that takes place in March.

You can see these two images on Jeep's website

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
134 Posts
No frunk? WTF? Every EV has to have a frunk! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
220 Posts
No frunk? WTF? Every EV has to have a frunk! :ROFLMAO:
Between the short wheel base of a Jeep and the limitations in converting an ICE platform to BEV, I’m not surprised they don’t have a Frunk.

Honestly, the route they’re taking is basically putting the disadvantages of both ICE and EV into one sad package.

·
Registered
590 Posts
As long as it performs like a Jeep should and has the range I don't think the lack of a frunk is going to make a difference for most people. It's a Jeep you know what to expect in terms of pros and cons.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As long as it performs like a Jeep should and has the range I don't think the lack of a frunk is going to make a difference for most people. It's a Jeep you know what to expect in terms of pros and cons.
I'm curious what the range will be. I'm not expecting much... but we'll see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having owned a few Jeeps in the past, if the range is 250 or more, it will be a hit. Of course, it would be really cool if Jeep and Rivian combined their efforts on charging through the "Adventure Network". That partnership would benefit both companies and especially the consumer! I can't think of two better brands for "Adventure" (maybe we could throw Land Rover into the mix too).

·
Registered
890 Posts
Having owned a few Jeeps in the past, if the range is 250 or more, it will be a hit. Of course, it would be really cool if Jeep and Rivian combined their efforts on charging through the "Adventure Network". That partnership would benefit both companies and especially the consumer! I can't think of two better brands for "Adventure" (maybe we could throw Land Rover into the mix too).
Great idea.
Their number one concern should be reach and ensuring all EV owners have easy enough access. But there are smaller networks and larger networks also focusing on those areas. So we might have to deal with the lack of consolidation for now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be a great idea but I'd have to imagine Ford wouldn't be too happy with Rivian working with Jeep.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This is very interesting, Jeep filed a trademark for the name "Magneto" and there's speculation that it could be the name for the electric Wrangler.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is very interesting, Jeep filed a trademark for the name "Magneto" and there's speculation that it could be the name for the electric Wrangler.

I hope that's a special edition or something and not the actual name. Just keep it simple and call it the electric Wrangler or Wrangler EV.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I hope that's a special edition or something and not the actual name. Just keep it simple and call it the electric Wrangler or Wrangler EV.
Yeah I don't know what the reception would be if they call it the Jeep Magneto or Jeep Wrangler Magneto.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts