Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it literally took me this long to convince my wife to let me Pre-Order!

I currently drive a pretty built up Jeep, 37” tires, 4” lift, aftermarket bumpers, rails, etc. it also has over 200,000 miles on it.

We almost pulled the trigger on a Tesla a couple of times, but they are too Beemer for me.

I am pretty far back in line, but still have hopes to get my Rivian by late ‘21.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congratulations @Sully151 and welcome to the forum too!

Time will tell on the orders.

And I hear ya about the wife... haha. The good news is... the rivian is super practical.

Are you getting the R1T or R1S?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are currently thinking R1S. We have a teenage son, an 11 year old daughter, an Australian Shepherd and a lot of gear. It seems like I can get more camping gear in the SUV and bikes on top or on a hitch rack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @Sully151, what other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the R1S?
I have actually wanted a Rivian since they were launched, but wasn’t sure I could wait or if the Jeep would hold up.

Last year, I was spending $400-500 a month on gas, so I started looking at an EV for a daily driver and keeping the Jeep for adventures.

I looked at Kona, Hyundai, Leaf, Bolt, and then drove a Model 3 and was kind of hooked on Tesla, but decided to wait on the Y.

But, I kept coming back to Rivian. It was more my style and fit my outdoor lifestyle better. I decided if I was going to spend the kind of money a Model Y cost, I may as well save for another year or so and get what I wanted, so here I am.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We are currently thinking R1S. We have a teenage son, an 11 year old daughter, an Australian Shepherd and a lot of gear. It seems like I can get more camping gear in the SUV and bikes on top or on a hitch rack.
Same. Everyone seems more focused on the R1T. I get that trucks are "cooler" but an SUV suits my life a lot more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same. Everyone seems more focused on the R1T. I get that trucks are "cooler" but an SUV suits my life a lot more.
Yeah, I like the boxy look of the R1S and the fact I can store stuff inside. Keeping camping gear in the bed scares me a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum @Sully151! Do you have an idea on which battery size you want for your R1S?
Probably the 135 kWH. The third row might be useful and aside from long trips, I am not sure the extra cost for the extra range will be worth it. We will see though, 400 miles is a magical number... even if it is really only 340 or so.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Probably the 135 kWH. The third row might be useful and aside from long trips, I am not sure the extra cost for the extra range will be worth it. We will see though, 400 miles is a magical number... even if it is really only 340 or so.
I keep going back and forth about it as well. Instinctively I want the most range possible, but when I actually think about it there's only a handful of times when I'll actually need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts