Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it literally took me this long to convince my wife to let me Pre-Order!

I currently drive a pretty built up Jeep, 37” tires, 4” lift, aftermarket bumpers, rails, etc. it also has over 200,000 miles on it.

We almost pulled the trigger on a Tesla a couple of times, but they are too Beemer for me.

I am pretty far back in line, but still have hopes to get my Rivian by late ‘21.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congratulations @Sully151 and welcome to the forum too!

Time will tell on the orders.

And I hear ya about the wife... haha. The good news is... the rivian is super practical.

Are you getting the R1T or R1S?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are currently thinking R1S. We have a teenage son, an 11 year old daughter, an Australian Shepherd and a lot of gear. It seems like I can get more camping gear in the SUV and bikes on top or on a hitch rack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @Sully151, what other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the R1S?
I have actually wanted a Rivian since they were launched, but wasn’t sure I could wait or if the Jeep would hold up.

Last year, I was spending $400-500 a month on gas, so I started looking at an EV for a daily driver and keeping the Jeep for adventures.

I looked at Kona, Hyundai, Leaf, Bolt, and then drove a Model 3 and was kind of hooked on Tesla, but decided to wait on the Y.

But, I kept coming back to Rivian. It was more my style and fit my outdoor lifestyle better. I decided if I was going to spend the kind of money a Model Y cost, I may as well save for another year or so and get what I wanted, so here I am.

·
Registered
185 Posts
We are currently thinking R1S. We have a teenage son, an 11 year old daughter, an Australian Shepherd and a lot of gear. It seems like I can get more camping gear in the SUV and bikes on top or on a hitch rack.
Same. Everyone seems more focused on the R1T. I get that trucks are "cooler" but an SUV suits my life a lot more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same. Everyone seems more focused on the R1T. I get that trucks are "cooler" but an SUV suits my life a lot more.
Yeah, I like the boxy look of the R1S and the fact I can store stuff inside. Keeping camping gear in the bed scares me a little.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum @Sully151! Do you have an idea on which battery size you want for your R1S?
Probably the 135 kWH. The third row might be useful and aside from long trips, I am not sure the extra cost for the extra range will be worth it. We will see though, 400 miles is a magical number... even if it is really only 340 or so.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably the 135 kWH. The third row might be useful and aside from long trips, I am not sure the extra cost for the extra range will be worth it. We will see though, 400 miles is a magical number... even if it is really only 340 or so.
I keep going back and forth about it as well. Instinctively I want the most range possible, but when I actually think about it there's only a handful of times when I'll actually need it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
R1T, 11/26/18, #1252
R1S, 3/27/19, #3714
Welcome to the forum @rivian72! Be sure to add your numbers to the forum's order tracker thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, it literally took me this long to convince my wife to let me Pre-Order!

I currently drive a pretty built up Jeep, 37” tires, 4” lift, aftermarket bumpers, rails, etc. it also has over 200,000 miles on it.

We almost pulled the trigger on a Tesla a couple of times, but they are too Beemer for me.

I am pretty far back in line, but still have hopes to get my Rivian by late ‘21.
Hey! Congratulations! I’m new here also. I ordered an R1T on July 29th. How do you know how many are ahead of you?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey! Congratulations! I’m new here also. I ordered an R1T on July 29th. How do you know how many are ahead of you?
There used to be a way to know the total preorders [ both R1T and S combined], but they changed it.... i preordered Aug 4 and my number was 554xx. There are 2 jumps in the plot, so I've seen people argue that the actual number is ~30k.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all - The cost of the R1T is in line with any premium pickup, Ram, Ford, or GM, I thought a purchase was worthy of exploration. I did consider the Cybertruck and still might preorder one of them as well; I’m not in love with the styling but it may be something to get used to. 400 mile range at 180 environmentally responsible kw’s, 4 independent motors, 0-60 in 3 seconds, I love the extra cargo space up front. I love the look; I don’t think there’s a need to explain more; I'm sure you all agree it seems like it’s going to be awesome! I am little concerned about charging and service infrastructure, but have a hunch Ford has a plan for that. You don’t invest $500M without a plan, I can only speculate. I’m dying to sit in one and have the ability to kick the tires, hopefully soon. I haven’t been over the posts on this forum yet, I’m sure there’s a great deal of information. What say you all?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello all - The cost of the R1T is in line with any premium pickup, Ram, Ford, or GM, I thought a purchase was worthy of exploration. I did consider the Cybertruck and still might preorder one of them as well; I’m not in love with the styling but it may be something to get used to. 400 mile range at 180 environmentally responsible kw’s, 4 independent motors, 0-60 in 3 seconds, I love the extra cargo space up front. I love the look; I don’t think there’s a need to explain more; I'm sure you all agree it seems like it’s going to be awesome! I am little concerned about charging and service infrastructure, but have a hunch Ford has a plan for that. You don’t invest $500M without a plan, I can only speculate. I’m dying to sit in one and have the ability to kick the tires, hopefully soon. I haven’t been over the posts on this forum yet, I’m sure there’s a great deal of information. What say you all?
I'm sure Ford does have a plan for charging with Rivian but even if they don't there will be access to charging networks like Electrify America and ChargePoint.

What sold me first about the R1T was the styling as well. I love how it stands out without being ostentatious. The 4 motors is also unique to have and I'm surprised other electric trucks like the Cybertruck haven't done the same.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts