Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I finally decided to pull the trigger on a pre-order for the R1T. Very excited!

Been following Rivian closely for the last few years and been wanting one more and more with each new piece of content they release. I used to have a 2007 Toyota FJ (happy to share photos and show it off) that I'd take over-landing and off-roading through California so I've been on the lookout for my next toy (and making the transition to an EV).

Just wanted to say hi and I'm excited to be here!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Show off that FJ for sure! I love those things!

With no FJ and no R1T yet, what are you driving these days?

Congrats on the pre-order and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best car I ever had. I regret every day that I sold it. I've been driving a 2018 Forester XT for the last 2ish years. It's a nice little car, the AWD and turbo are both great. But I miss having a bigger, more rugged car. I know Rivian is marketing itself as luxury, but the brand styling and the utility are too good to ignore.

IMG_1647.JPG

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome to the forum @MarkieSharkie! That is an awesome FJ. I chickened out on getting one and I kick myself, they're such fun vehicles. Would the R1T be your first EV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @R99 ! I still consider getting another one as a toy. That or an old Land Cruiser (I'm a huge Toyota fan).

Yep, first EV. I'm making the transition for my next vehicle. I'm tired of gas. Some of my buddies have Model 3's and they love them and they've been helping me learn more about what it's like to have an EV. My other consideration was a Model Y but it's too mall-crawler for me (even though I doubt I'll do too much with a $70k+ luxury truck, but still).

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks @R99 ! I still consider getting another one as a toy. That or an old Land Cruiser (I'm a huge Toyota fan).

Yep, first EV. I'm making the transition for my next vehicle. I'm tired of gas. Some of my buddies have Model 3's and they love them and they've been helping me learn more about what it's like to have an EV. My other consideration was a Model Y but it's too mall-crawler for me (even though I doubt I'll do too much with a $70k+ luxury truck, but still).
For the price it's still nice to have that capability compared to the Model Y. Plus Rivian should have better build quality than Tesla.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all! I finally decided to pull the trigger on a pre-order for the R1T. Very excited!

Been following Rivian closely for the last few years and been wanting one more and more with each new piece of content they release. I used to have a 2007 Toyota FJ (happy to share photos and show it off) that I'd take over-landing and off-roading through California so I've been on the lookout for my next toy (and making the transition to an EV).

Just wanted to say hi and I'm excited to be here!
Hi, All! We’re in the same boat. Preordered an R1T last May, and really wonder what the next step is. Any info to share? What about that configuration?

·
Registered
422 Posts

I hear Toyota is preparing to hit the EV market with a lot of new vehicles. Also the Toyota Land Cruiser, Lexus LX and a couple other more off-road friendly Toyota's are due for next-gen models. I think even the FJ too! My guess is some of those too will go electric, or hybrid.

Do you see yourself getting one of those if comparable enough to the Rivian?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts