Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I originally placed an ordered November 2021 for a R1S, but decided to cancel in December 2021 thinking I was just going to get a 7 seater model Y for the lower cost. After some more thought, I realized the R1S would be eligible for the 7500 tax credit and wouldn’t be much more than the model Y I was going to order. Therefore, I just placed an order today for a R1S. The extra space compared to a Model Y will be a plus too. Can’t wait! I will have to decide if I want to trade in our Model 3 or keep it once I take delivery. Luckily, I should have until December 2023 to decide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! I originally placed an ordered November 2021 for a R1S, but decided to cancel in December 2021 thinking I was just going to get a 7 seater model Y for the lower cost. After some more thought, I realized the R1S would be eligible for the 7500 tax credit and wouldn’t be much more than the model Y I was going to order. Therefore, I just placed an order today for a R1S. The extra space compared to a Model Y will be a plus too. Can’t wait! I will have to decide if I want to trade in our Model 3 or keep it once I take delivery. Luckily, I should have until December 2023 to decide.
Same boat, almost. I'm about to take delivery of a Model Y Performance. Ordered the R1S as my trade-up vehicle and in the event the family grows. I figure it gives me plenty of time to enjoy the Model Y while putting me in a nice spot to have a larger vehicle down the road!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.