Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m keeping my R1S SUV waitlist / order! I understand the inflation, supply chain, new company pressures. It’s the times.
— I need a strong beast to pull family, pets, gear, bikes, kayak, and my little matchbox car/trailer around this great ole country! 
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I’m keeping my R1S SUV waitlist / order! I understand the inflation, supply chain, new company pressures. It’s the times.
— I need a strong beast to pull family, pets, gear, bikes, kayak, and my little matchbox car/trailer around this great ole country!  View attachment 4792
Welcome @Justin Martino! Did you place your R1S order recently or have you had it for a while?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I placed my order over the weekend and am leaning towards keeping my reservation. I need a large SUV to hold two large dogs or two road bikes in the back. I want a vegan interior and a sleek exterior. I don't want a Tesla (again). I would love for Rivian to come out and try to make things right with the community. Being such a new order, I likely still have a couple years of waiting so we will see what happens next and if anything better comes out in the mean time. It's certainly hasn't been a boring 3 days of ordership!

·
Registered
84 Posts
— I need a strong beast to pull family, pets, gear, bikes, kayak, and my little matchbox car/trailer around this great ole country!  View attachment 4792

Time and time again, I raised concerns regarding vehicle pricing and manufacturing deadlines, but no one listened, even though I have extensive experience launching and pricing vehicles. It wasn’t until my (often less experienced) male colleagues raised the exact same ideas that the Chief Growth Officer (internally called Chief Commercial Officer) would respond. Never in my years in the auto industry had I experienced such blatant marginalization.

Schwab said she warned executives that Rivian’s vehicles were underpriced but she was rebuffed. Behl later agreed Rivian would need to raise vehicle prices after a male executive raised the issue with him, the lawsuit states.

Schwab said she also voiced skepticism around Rivian’s manufacturing and delivery targets during sales and operations meetings in September. Rivian last week disclosed in an amended securities filing it plans to deliver 1,000 R1Ts by the end of the year.

Life Outside the Boys Club: Why I Spoke Up About Rivian’s Toxic Bro Culture (and Got Fired).
Women are not given the linear paths to success that many men take for granted. My 20-year journey in the automotive industry began with an…
medium.com
medium.com
www.cnbc.com

Ex-Aston Martin executive says Rivian fired her for raising concerns about a 'toxic bro culture'
A former Rivian executive sued the electric vehicle start-up on Thursday, claiming she was fired after raising concerns about the company's workplace culture.
www.cnbc.com
www.cnbc.com
celebpie.com

Who Is Laura Schwab? Rivian Exec Fired - Age Salary & Husband - Lawsuit
Learn about Who Is Laura Schwab? Rivian Exec Fired - Age Salary & Husband - Lawsuit. Laura Schwab is the fired executive of Rivian.
celebpie.com
celebpie.com
Former Rivian Executive Alleges Gender Discrimination, "Toxic Bro Culture" at EV Startup

www.autonews.com

Laura Schwab says Rivian fired her after she spoke up about pricing, manufacturing problems
In her lawsuit, Schwab says problems began less than six months into the job, when she raised concerns about the company's ability to "deliver on promises to investors."
www.autonews.com
www.autonews.com
agirlsguidetocars.com

Laura Schwab Takes on Toxic Culture In a Lawsuit Against Electric Car Maker Rivian | A Girls Guide to Cars
Laura Schwab calls out Rivian for hypocrisy, toxic bro culture, and ultimately, retaliation against her when she spoke out.
agirlsguidetocars.com
agirlsguidetocars.com
www.cnbc.com

Ex-Aston Martin executive says Rivian fired her for raising concerns about a 'toxic bro culture'
A former Rivian executive sued the electric vehicle start-up on Thursday, claiming she was fired after raising concerns about the company's workplace culture.
www.cnbc.com
www.cnbc.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.