Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Rivian going to get the key thing right? My favorite feature of my Tesla is that I never need any kind of key. Just walk up (because I have my phone in my pocket), get in, drive, get out, walk away.

I don't need to carry anything I am not already carrying. I don't need to do anything to unlock/turn on/turn off/lock the car, it just works.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They did confirm "phone as key" via BT so that's covered..

I bought ($150) the fob for my Model Y because the "phone as key" was just not as reliable as the Fob is. I love the Tesla key card, super inexpensive to replace at $35 for two and no need for dealer programming vs. $400+ for each BMW fob plus $$ for dealer to program your car to accept that new fob..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did confirm "phone as key" via BT so that's covered..

I bought ($150) the fob for my Model Y because the "phone as key" was just not as reliable as the Fob is. I love the Tesla key card, super inexpensive to replace at $35 for two and no need for dealer programming vs. $400+ for each BMW fob plus $$ for dealer to program your car to accept that new fob..
my understanding is that you can use the app as a key, but you have to go into the app to unlock the door.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, like NY_Rob said, all the publicly-available information shows that there are four different types of keys:
  1. Key fob
  2. Key card
  3. Key wristband
  4. Phone key
I personally witnessed the Key card and Phone key in my First Mile drive. I have no doubt that the Key fob and Key wristband are real.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, like NY_Rob said, all the publicly-available information shows that there are four different types of keys:
  1. Key fob
  2. Key card
  3. Key wristband
  4. Phone key
I personally witnessed the Key card and Phone key in my First Mile drive. I have no doubt that the Key fob and Key wristband are real.
So, can you leave the valet card in the truck or does the truck always stay unlocked?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts