Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know when the employees of Rivian particularly customer service reps became aware of the price increase? Was it before March 1?
Only a Rivian insider can answer your question definitively, but based on my experience leading
marketing and communications teams at a large public company and the fact that the March 1 announcement had not leaked, I suspect:

- knowledge of the planned pricing change that affected all reservation holders was very carefully limited within the company until minutes before the March 1 email was released.

- customer service staff were probably provided explanatory Q&A documents, possibly “scripts” to be used to respond to phone, email and online chat customer reactions, etc., - but only a short time before the March 1 email was released to customers.

- market research was not performed during the planning for the pricing change - or worse - market research was performed but findings about reservation holder reactions were ignored.

Again, these are just guesses based on my professional experience. I have no inside knowledge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only a Rivian insider can answer your question definitively, but based on my experience leading
marketing and communications teams at a large public company and the fact that the March 1 announcement had not leaked, I suspect:

- knowledge of the planned pricing change that affected all reservation holders was very carefully limited within the company until minutes before the March 1 email was released.

- customer service staff were probably provided explanatory Q&A documents, possibly “scripts” to be used to respond to phone, email and online chat customer reactions, etc., - but only a short time before the March email was released to customers.

- market research was not performed during the planning for the pricing change - or worse - market research was performed but findings about reservation holder reactions were ignored.

Again, these are just guesses based on my professional experience. I have no inside knowledge.
What I suspected

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.