Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Android Auto or Carplay is a definite deal breaker as my wife and I use them extensively. I'm moving on. The omittance of AA and CP may cause Rivian to lose customers. Quite arrogant of them.

·
Registered
R1T LE
15 Posts
I really miss the navigation of AA. And the text messaging. They will get those improved though. I think it is the relationship with Amazon that has put the kibosh on AA. I love Rivian's integration of Spotify. The Rivian Alexa voice interaction does give a lot more control than AA would.

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
These are integrations that can potentially happen later if they have the proper relationships. It's all software that can change with an update. It may cost them some up front sales, but they have more than they can produce any time soon, so it's not of any loss really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No Android Auto or Carplay is a definite deal breaker as my wife and I use them extensively. I'm moving on. The omittance of AA and CP may cause Rivian to lose customers. Quite arrogant of them.
If you go on the Rivian job board there are over a dozen postings for Android developers in CA and BC so i would take that as its coming....but the big question is when. Hopefully by 2024 which is probably when ill get my R1S. At any rate i'm sure it will bean OTA upgrade when available.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If you go on the Rivian job board there are over a dozen postings for Android developers in CA and BC so i would take that as its coming....but the big question is when. Hopefully by 2024 which is probably when ill get my R1S. At any rate i'm sure it will bean OTA upgrade when available.
There's significant evidence that the Rivian infotainment system runs android... So hiring devs experienced with Android is not surprising. That doesn't mean we'll see AA.

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
Exactly. Could be for the integration between the infotainment and the mobile app as well - because that has been seriously simplistic and does not do half of what they say it will do yet. To state that AA is on the table is not necessarily true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts