Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No - my ride is great!

Votes: 8 80.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
‘22 R1T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Newb here. My R1T was delivered in Nov and I have 1500mi on it. Currently, my truck is at the Atlanta service center for (primarily) two issues. Just received a follow up call and was informed that both are normal. Considering Atlanta is a 4h drive each way for me, I'm a bit annoyed as they could have saved me 16 hours of driving. Here are the two issues:

1 - Backup camera vehicle lines - My truck isn't centered. If I follow the lines, my truck is too far left. (The left mirror nearly hits my garage door pillar when using the single car slot) Interestingly the overhead view is spot on. They're saying it's within normal spec, but I've never owned a vehicle where the backup lines are this far off center.
2 - My truck routinely thinks I'm on or over the centerline. I've had to disable lane keep assist and lane departure warning. This occurs primarily on secondary county roads. The rationale I was provided is that the truck may not have had a good signal. I don't understand why a clear signal is needed when the truck has other sensors for identifying lane markings. I would think an "adventure" vehicle should be right at home on backroads. For this one, I was told others have complained and that a future software patch should address it.

Is anyone else seeing either or both of these problems?

· Registered
1,679 Posts
My backup camera is grainy and if it's raining it's useless (lens gets covered with grime and water), but it appears to be accurate enough to center myself and park in any spot I've tried.

The LKAS/LDW is terrible, however. Half the time it thinks I'm over the line even when I can see 12"+ between my tire and the line. The other half of the time it activates the "going over the line" graphic for the OPPOSITE side compared to where I'm actually close to. Sometimes I'll be perfectly in the middle and it will aggressively try to steer me into another lane.

· Registered
‘22 R1T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While it's not the highest res backup image I've had, my backup camera image isn't grainy per se. I do agree that the thing gets dirty very easily - moreso than any other vehicle I've owned.
The warning you receive with 12+" of space is exactly what I experience. Before I disabled LKAS I had two events where the truck darn near sent me offroading right of lane and into mailboxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts