Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

If you are a LE CUSTOMER, will you get a guide call before Thanksgiving?

• YES

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • NO

Votes: 65 79.3%
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
February 2019 preorder and LE spec'd. Zero communication so far. I agree that there is added pressure to deliver since the IPO. I expect some contact by 11/30, but nothing in way of specifics. Was hoping to get the truck by March/April, but probably will be closer to June.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not received a call yet (I live in ID) but my buddy in SD has his LA Test drive scheduled for 12/5. Have some faith people, they are probably doing the best they can. Waiting is hard, apparently trolling is easy ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered mine on Nov 29th, 2018. This Nov 29th will be 3 years to the day. No contact whatsoever yet. Now that Scaringe is suddenly a multi Billionaire, do you think things are gonna change?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I JUST finished a chat with Rivian - I am a Dec 8th 2018 Pre-Order and I was told to check my email daily as I wil get a call by months end… and that they were “on track”to deliver Early Pre-order in Spring 2022? I will update if and when I get a call… trying to be optimistic!
My email response from C.S. was about the same. But as I live in FL, spring is a lot later in Illinois and Michign than here. Maybe they mean CA spring. Not very promising, huh?:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a reservation for a Launch Edition and I purchased stock through the DSP/IPO so I am both a customer and a shareholder. I wonder if that will matter. Nonetheless, Rivian is now a public company and customer service is where they can make an early good impression and build a reputation. I expect to hear from my Guide by the end of November. I am also an optimist but I hope I am beling realistic.

We'll see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I JUST finished a chat with Rivian - I am a Dec 8th 2018 Pre-Order and I was told to check my email daily as I wil get a call by months end… and that they were “on track”to deliver Early Pre-order in Spring 2022? I will update if and when I get a call… trying to be optimistic!
What did you order? The "launch" edition adventure package green 350 mile?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Scheduling phone calls is not that complicated and I can’t imagine what their reason would be for not meeting this commitment.
The reason would be as follows: Guides were supposed to reach out with "EXPECTED DELIVERY TIMELINES". Initially, this was supposed to have happened already ("BY NOVEMBER" for LE Customers as was posted on Rivian's configurator). This was then pushed out to end of November. The reason for not reaching out, would be because they still can't provide a delivery timeline to LE R1T customers.

We all have plenty of friends. I'm sure the guides are really swell peeople, but we don't need a call for the sake of having a call without delivery timelines. Doesn't matter if scheduling calls is complicated or not, its the content of the call that may be preventing this from happening (again). We are going into a Holiday week, where I would imagine many Rivian employees should be taking some time off and traveling to see family, etc. This only complicates the timing for these calls to occur even more.

Again, my concern is getting a call, it's that Rivian still may not be ready to commit to giving LE Customer an actual delivery window. Once they do make these calls, this information will be public. I would imagine that if Rivian were to say "we expect all LE Customers to have their R1T's by the end of May '22" there would be no problem, other than the fact that the window is completely non-specific, and would not meet expectations. If Rivian were to give a window that was cutting into next summer, that would infer another delay, and would likely not be received well by LE customers, analysts, the press, or investors. Just my .02

·
Registered
1 Posts
Def not by Turkey day, but i'm really hoping by end of november. I am a January 2019 preorder holder for R1T LE in Seattle - sadly, also didn't get invited to test drive event (which apparently ends tomorrow here in Seattle). Order 5116 (according to account/vehicle URL).

Patience is a virtue - or so they say.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's your general location? The way I understand it, that plays a role, too. Am I
correct?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well, this is still up on the site when you log-in with your username and PW as of today November 19th 2021:

When can I take delivery?
If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing.

All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022. Your Guide will reach out when it’s time to prepare for delivery based on your configuration, location and when you placed your preorder — this can’t be requested through Customer Service.

Configure and place a preorder for the R1T and the R1S today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, this is still up on the site when you log-in with your username and PW as of today November 19th 2021:

When can I take delivery?
If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing.

All other configurations for both the United States and Canada will begin as early as January 2022. Your Guide will reach out when it’s time to prepare for delivery based on your configuration, location and when you placed your preorder — this can’t be requested through Customer Service.

Configure and place a preorder for the R1T and the R1S today.
Will paint color or other LE config options impact delivery timing? Or will it be driven by location (eg. Texas after California due to service infrastructure etc.)

21 - 40 of 49 Posts