Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the Rivian R1T pickup and R1S SUV come with two green color options to choose from. In some pictures it can be hard to figure out which is Launch Green or Forest Green, so here are some images that show how they compare.

Launch Green
Rivian-Launch-Green.JPG

Forest Green
Rivian-Forest-Green.jpg

Launch Green vs Forest Green
Rivian-Lauch-Green-vs-Forest-Green.JPG

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you sure that first picture is Launch Green? To me it looks like Forest Green just in low light.

Are far as I know, we have yet to see a good 'real' picture of Launch Green. I don't expect to see it until closer to Launch month (June). :)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
324 Posts
Yeah, most comments on this and other forums argue that there are no “in the wild” pics of launch green yet. Majority says that first pic is Forest Green. Configurator color renderings are pathetic, and completely worthless is helping to select a color. I initially configured white just because it was the only decent looking color other than black and dark gray. All of the others were way to bright for my taste. But then when real pics started coming in, those other colors all look far better in pics than they do in the Configurator. So frustrating, but I’ve come to accept that it’s no big deal so long as I get to see actual vehicles before I have to lock in my final decision.

Reactions: Rob f

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure that first picture is Launch Green? To me it looks like Forest Green just in low light.

Are far as I know, we have yet to see a good 'real' picture of Launch Green. I don't expect to see it until closer to Launch month (June). :)
Yeah, most comments on this and other forums argue that there are no “in the wild” pics of launch green yet. Majority says that first pic is Forest Green. Configurator color renderings are pathetic, and completely worthless is helping to select a color. I initially configured white just because it was the only decent looking color other than black and dark gray. All of the others were way to bright for my taste. But then when real pics started coming in, those other colors all look far better in pics than they do in the Configurator. So frustrating, but I’ve come to accept that it’s no big deal so long as I get to see actual vehicles before I have to lock in my final decision.
FWIW, my eyes are telling me Launch Green is a earthy/muddy looking green and its what I see in the first picture. Forest Green on the other hand, in just about every real world photo out there, doesn't have that earthy/muddy look to it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Funny that both of the first pics are sunsets. I'm thinking I prefer the Forest Green right now but I need to see more pics.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You all may have seen this, but there was similar discussion a few months ago about Launch Green. Rivian R1T & R1S Get Special Launch Green Paint...

Also, I can confirm from Rivian's Facebook post that the pic of the R1T at sunset in the desert is indeed Launch Green.
Welcome to the forum @tdwest1.

Thanks for providing confirmation directly from Rivian and linking to that other thread. I just wish they would post more real world pictures of it. Forest Green is everywhere you look meanwhile we have just one of Launch Green.
Funny that both of the first pics are sunsets. I'm thinking I prefer the Forest Green right now but I need to see more pics.
If it helps, Forest Green is along the lines of British Racing Green.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @tdwest1.

Thanks for providing confirmation directly from Rivian and linking to that other thread. I just wish they would post more real world pictures of it. Forest Green is everywhere you look meanwhile we have just one of Launch Green.
Totally agree! It's a bit frustrating to have an available color without hardly any real world pics. I believe Rivian is planning a series of "public" events in the near future where folks can see the colors in the wild. I'm sure there will be numerous social media posts after these events with some high quality pics of Launch Green. So, unfortunately, I think we're just going to have to wait a few more months. I'm gonna stick with Launch Green until real world pics tell me to do otherwise.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chatted with Rivian today, it does not seem like the selected color will play a significant role in the build prioritization or affect the delivery time.

View attachment 1343
Thanks for finding that out @SANZCO2 and glad you could join us! Welcome!
The prioritization Rivian is following is very normal for most automakers producing high volume vehicles. Someone I know waiting on a Mustang Mach-E has seen a few regular models get delivered before a First Edition. Which model are you in line for?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for finding that out @SANZCO2 and glad you could join us! Welcome!
The prioritization Rivian is following is very normal for most automakers producing high volume vehicles. Someone I know waiting on a Mustang Mach-E has seen a few regular models get delivered before a First Edition. Which model are you in line for?
I’ve configured an LE R1S El Cap Granite/Black Mountain

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I configured it at noon on 11/16/20. Pretty close to when I got the email that the configuration was open.
It seems like you are somewhere beyond the 70,000 reservation if my math is right.
Your color choice (El Cap) might have a positive effect on that.

Have you reached out to Rivian Customer Service for anything else?

·
Registered
533 Posts
There's some more photos of Launch Green that were noticed a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As someone that digs a more monotone look, I like this. But still don't mind any more contrast.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The latest teaser video from Rivian has some shots of the R1T in Launch Green.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts