Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Rivian stated that they will not be offering a lease option. Did they say why?
In some cases valuation or residual value would be a concern for a Lease company. A GAMBLE on new product could be a concern as well!
Tesla offers leasing. I would think that a new EV like Rivian would have great residual value for leasing propects.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think no leasing, initially, is a positive. Rivian wants people vested in the product -- not people ready to dump it in 3 years. Also eliminates the need to "guess" at the residual -- too low and people will get spooked; too high and Rivian takes unnecessary risk.

Rivian isn't going to have a problem selling units, initially, so no need to consider leasing, right now. Keep it simple.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally disagree, leasing will in fact have more people vested in the product. It's my understanding that Tesla did not have this concern. Additionally, those who are still concerned about the cost of upgrading to the 400 Max package, being $7500 for 75 more miles or $10000 for 100 miles would be apt to consider the upgrade cost. Chase just might be the best source for the lease program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts