Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scenaro…

I leave my truck at the airport and leave.
I have a friend arriving at the airport without me being there and I want them to be able to take the truck.

With the various keys, bracelet, card, and app…how to I accomplish this? I obviously want the truck locked.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I certainly am not an expert, but I think you, as "owner", can add your buddy on your app as a "driver". Your buddy will need to download the app. I did this with my wife, and it enables her to drive the car independently from me and the fob, wrist band, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scenaro…

I leave my truck at the airport and leave.
I have a friend arriving at the airport without me being there and I want them to be able to take the truck.

With the various keys, bracelet, card, and app…how to I accomplish this? I obviously want the truck locked.
Found the answer.

You can invite others via phone…my guide didn’t know this…but it’s on Rivian’s key video.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
You could probably also leave a key card in the truck and then unlock it remotely via your phone when they arrive. My key cards have been in the truck since I got it, and they don’t unlock it when inside. But you can drive the truck with only the key card. I’ve not tried unlocking with phone and then driving with only the key card though, so there’s a chance it may not work.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It will work, BUT only if you get the card out of the truck, then use the card to Unlock. If you do not use the card to Unlock, you have not presented a key. Presenting the key to unlock the vehicle will then allow you to drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts