Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Not agree

Votes: 11 73.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the list of all the people who have ordered a Rivian, it seems to be less than 1000!

How many total orders are there? Should this be alarming? Why has nobody been contacted by Rivian regarding their delivery? I think we all deserve an explanation.

You can't tell me that there are thousands of orders by people that are just not on any forum!

Does anyone have a clue?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Deserve an explanation?? Rec: slow your roll.
Agree more transparency = happier customers and more Rivian business, but Rivian does not owe us anything until we pony up the full purchase price.
Meanwhile you keep the option to jump to Lightning or Cyber if choose.
For me, a 217 inch truck is still huge (2002 F-150 was 207 inch). Do not need 233 inch truck Tesla or Ford. Parking already rough despite 10 yrs in my 2010 F-150 Lariat 5.5ft bed at 230 inch length.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looking at the list of all the people who have ordered a Rivian, it seems to be less than 1000!

How many total orders are there? Should this be alarming? Why has nobody been contacted by Rivian regarding their delivery? I think we all deserve an explanation.

You can't tell me that there are thousands of orders by people that are just not on any forum!

Does anyone have a clue?
Where are you getting this information??????

·
Registered
209 Posts
You do realize that pre-ordering didn't come bundled with membership to this forum, right? There's obviously more orders than we've recorded here, and there's not even any way to know how accurate the records are here, given that many people who may have cancelled their order probably didn't come to these forums and ask to have their order removed from the tracker.

What is on the tracker in this forum is pretty much worthless data. It's fun to look at, but it doesn't really mean anything.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
Rivian doesn't owe us anything .. no explanations, no nothing..
Technically, they owe each reservation holder $1,000. We are all unsecured creditors. 😆

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It'd be nice of course to get clearer information but what company of this size has ever been 100% transparent with things like this.

The only situation where I'd demand an explanation from them is if (God forbid) there are issues with their vehicles in some way once deliveries start.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
603 Posts
It'd be nice of course to get clearer information but what company of this size has ever been 100% transparent with things like this.

The only situation where I'd demand an explanation from them is if (God forbid) there are issues with their vehicles in some way once deliveries start.
I’d settle for 50%…. 😆

·
Registered
54 Posts
Read an article on CNET earlier. Base price of a Model S is $79,999. It would qualify. If you add 1 option, you lose the credit.

of course, this is legislation coming out of committee. Can still change before becoming a law.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Giving away information and holding information close is a balancing act for emerging growth companies and start-ups. Rivian has actually played this very well. They have attracted the attention of almost anyone considering an electric truck, they have shown the truck accomplishing many noteworthy and interesting things, BUT they have retained a competitive advantage by playing their hand carefully. Sometimes more is also less when it comes to drawing in prospective clients. Just look at this forum for proof - there is a new post everyday from someone demanding something from Rivian, when in reality, it will likely benefit all of us more in the end for Rivian to stick to their gameplan until a vehicle is in a customer's actual hands. Rivian owes LE holders nothing except a refund on a deposit if they choose not to complete a purchase

·
Registered
22 Posts
Technically, they owe each reservation holder $1,000. We are all unsecured creditors. 😆
I agree, $1,000 is a substantial amount, although they don't owe us the hope diamond, there should be a bit considerate. I have an order, and have no idea if I will get my truck next year, or in 2025, I don't feel I can confidently determine the number of order that they have to estimate how long of a wait I will have. At least with the cybertruck, I know that I'm 400,000th in line, and so was able to realize that I will need something else before then.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree, $1,000 is a substantial amount, although they don't owe us the hope diamond, there should be a bit considerate. I have an order, and have no idea if I will get my truck next year, or in 2025, I don't feel I can confidently determine the number of order that they have to estimate how long of a wait I will have. At least with the cybertruck, I know that I'm 400,000th in line, and so was able to realize that I will need something else before then.
Technically we all decided to venture down this road with Rivian and I truly believe they will deliver! The CyberTruck like the Roadster hasn't moved!!! We all have to remember that this is a start up EV manufacturer. Give it time and some patience, because I truly believe you will get your Rivian and be very happy before you get anything else.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As a Kickstarter participant I'm well aware of the problems that can arise from manufacturing and delivering far less complex products. And very few of those have to deal with the complexities of governmental and local regulations. I'd love to take delivery of my vehicle ASAP but it takes as long as it takes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.