Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

I'm excited to be in line for a Rivian R1S, 7-seater and to slowly say farewell to my "Maryann" - my RAV4 I've had for 16 years. She has 404K on her with a super backstory, and while I was going to easily head into the Toyota dealer for a new RAV4 Hybrid, I'm much more committed to Rivian now. I love the company's energy and style. I live in a conservation landscape and have worked for conservation organizations for many years. I appreciate Rivian's dedicated commitment to the environment. I drove a friend's Tesla over the summer, and am thrilled that we get to experience EV technology in our lifetime.

My husband and I plan on many trips and touring around our own rough terrain (gravel roads/prairie landscape) over the years in the Riv. I look forward to learning all I can about the benefits and challenges of the R1S from this forum.
Sky Ecoregion Bison Cloud Working animal

Nice landscape for a new Rivian, don't you think?

Cheers and thanks for inviting me to join,
Gwen

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi, everyone!

I'm excited to be in line for a Rivian R1S, 7-seater and to slowly say farewell to my "Maryann" - my RAV4 I've had for 16 years. She has 404K on her with a super backstory, and while I was going to easily head into the Toyota dealer for a new RAV4 Hybrid, I'm much more committed to Rivian now. I love the company's energy and style. I live in a conservation landscape and have worked for conservation organizations for many years. I appreciate Rivian's dedicated commitment to the environment. I drove a friend's Tesla over the summer, and am thrilled that we get to experience EV technology in our lifetime.

My husband and I plan on many trips and touring around our own rough terrain (gravel roads/prairie landscape) over the years in the Riv. I look forward to learning all I can about the benefits and challenges of the R1S from this forum.
View attachment 4167

Nice landscape for a new Rivian, don't you think?

Cheers and thanks for inviting me to join,
Gwen
Welcome to the forum Gwen! 404,000 miles is quite the achievement to have on a car you must've been taking care of "Maryann" extremely well. How did you spec your R1S?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Gwen! 404,000 miles is quite the achievement to have on a car you must've been taking care of "Maryann" extremely well. How did you spec your R1S?
Hi! My husband and I are going for Adventure Package, I think - El Cap or Limestone - we're debating. Black 20" wheels and I'm hoping they start putting up some special pup-friendly bling in that Rivian online shop to purchase (laughing, but we could really use some pet-proof seat slings/covers, etc.) I treat Maryann like a truck and we live in the middle of the tallgrass prairie, so she's had her rough times. No big mechanical issues, so hoping she can survive the year until the Riv shows up!

Gwen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts