Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they remove the LIDAR sensors? According to the new website they're only listing cameras, radar, & ultra sonic sensors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did they remove the LIDAR sensors? According to the new website they're only listing cameras, radar, & ultra sonic sensors.
Looks like it. I read somewhere that Rivian mentioned that from their testing, the Lidar wouldn't impact the self driving capabilities when compared to the cameras, radar and ultrasonic hardware in place.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So Elon Musk was right all along. I thought Musk would quietly give in to Lidar. In fact Rivain gave into all other aspects. Here's a quote from Wired "The biggest self-driving developers, including Waymo, Cruise, Argo, and Aurora, have either acquired lidar companies or developed their own tech in-house".

·
Registered
100 Posts
So Elon Musk was right all along. I thought Musk would quietly give in to Lidar. In fact Rivain gave into all other aspects. Here's a quote from Wired "The biggest self-driving developers, including Waymo, Cruise, Argo, and Aurora, have either acquired lidar companies or developed their own tech in-house".
Keep in mind that Lidar companies are having a tough time providing actual production hardware to vehicle manufacturers. I think they are having a tough time calibrating the sensors in a timely manner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts