Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they remove the LIDAR sensors? According to the new website they're only listing cameras, radar, & ultra sonic sensors.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did they remove the LIDAR sensors? According to the new website they're only listing cameras, radar, & ultra sonic sensors.
Looks like it. I read somewhere that Rivian mentioned that from their testing, the Lidar wouldn't impact the self driving capabilities when compared to the cameras, radar and ultrasonic hardware in place.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So Elon Musk was right all along. I thought Musk would quietly give in to Lidar. In fact Rivain gave into all other aspects. Here's a quote from Wired "The biggest self-driving developers, including Waymo, Cruise, Argo, and Aurora, have either acquired lidar companies or developed their own tech in-house".

·
Registered
103 Posts
So Elon Musk was right all along. I thought Musk would quietly give in to Lidar. In fact Rivain gave into all other aspects. Here's a quote from Wired "The biggest self-driving developers, including Waymo, Cruise, Argo, and Aurora, have either acquired lidar companies or developed their own tech in-house".
Keep in mind that Lidar companies are having a tough time providing actual production hardware to vehicle manufacturers. I think they are having a tough time calibrating the sensors in a timely manner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
POOP so why no Lidar?
Availability?
Will we be able to add it later?
Seems to be necessary
Poop poop poop poop
Was really hoping this would drive it self
Hope we can add improvements if necessary
I have Fath but concerned

1 - 8 of 8 Posts