Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will post the first photo of a Limestone R1T in the wild (starting this month)? I have not seen one. I thought I spied Limestone in other threads, or in the Long Way Up, or other posts from other sites, but they have all been disputed. I even asked Rivian about the color of one of the trucks seen in the Long Way Up and they could not confirm that it was Limestone. I'm not interested in sightings from the past, since almost all of them are in question. Let's see who can spy an actual R1T in Limestone out in the wild and post it here. I'm not holding my breathe... Might be a while I think, but prove me wrong.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Might just have to take one of these Sasquatches in Limestone if we don't get some action soon!
View attachment 2453
I read that Ford is planning to offer a hybrid version.

"The Bronco hybrid allegedly uses Ford's 10-speed modular hybrid transmission. According to TFL Car's source, it would connect to the 3.0-liter EcoBoost that's already in a variety of the automaker's products like the Explorer, Lincoln Aviator, recently retired MKZ, and Continental. Depending on the application, this mill is available with between 350 horsepower (261 kilowatts) and 400 hp (298 kW) – or 494 hp (368 kW) in the plug-in hybrid Lincoln Aviator.

Whatever tune of the 3.0-liter V6 that the Bronco hybrid uses, the electric motor would reportedly be the same 47-hp (35-kW) unit from the Explorer Hybrid and forthcoming F-150 Hybrid. With most vehicles use the 3.0 EcoBoost producing 400 hp (298 kW), this hints at the electrically assisted Bronco having around 450 hp (336 kW)."

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was only kidding. I know, not funny... :geek: - I still think Limestone will look a lot like that Bronco with a touch more darkness.
BUT we can;t really tell from a paint chip.
Need to see it on the truck, in the light and out in the wild.
Its still an enigma.
Just wanted to resurface this thread, and keep the whole mystery of Limestone out in the open!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Soooooooo. Now that Rivian is a public company. We know almost everything about them, except what Limestone looks like on an actual truck. Just sayin' :whistle:
For their First Quarter earnings call, they won't likely need to talk about Limestone, even though it might be one of Rivian's biggest mysteries.
They will need to talk about comms and promises made to LE customers. Should we start a poll to see if you believe you will get a guide call before Thanksgiving?
What's going to happen to LE Customers that ordered Limestone when they want to "CONFIRM THEIR CONFIGURATION" and haven't been able to see it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m in this position as R1S limestone LE. Certainly there will be one R1T shown.

if by chance a confirmation is required before seeing the Limestone color in wild- I bet RIVN uses the 7 day return policy as insurance for unhappy customers.

yes, it’s an issue among a whole list of others- production being at the top.

i think the nervous energy of belated contact has everyone and all other issues heightened.

the hardest part of startup mode is what to communicate and when- the timing of it and how internal issues are being solved. Limestone color will be released when they are read. They are likely not withholding- just going down a list of priorities

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.