Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Looks like launch green but it does make me want to see the differences between launch green and limestone next to each other. I'm surprised we still haven't seen a limestone truck yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’ve been lurking for a good year.
I had spec’d max battery and limestone, but I recently changed to the regular battery to try and get it sooner
Wait - Do you think I'm going to have to wait longer since I have the max battery pack? Man oh man... pretty much a must for me as we're exactly 278 miles from Las Vegas and I can't buy a vehicle that can't make that drive...... ugh.... I'm wondering if I should even be expecting mine in 2022? I didn't even pre-order until 10/08/21..... damn. This wait's gonna suck.

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
193 Posts
Wait - Do you think I'm going to have to wait longer since I have the max battery pack? Man oh man... pretty much a must for me as we're exactly 278 miles from Las Vegas and I can't buy a vehicle that can't make that drive...... ugh.... I'm wondering if I should even be expecting mine in 2022? I didn't even pre-order until 10/08/21..... damn. This wait's gonna suck.
Probably shouldn't expect it in 2022. I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you (max pack, 10/5/21 preorder). I'm hoping for spring/summer 2023 and preparing for possibly late 2023.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You have no charging possibility on that route today? Of course it will continue to keep getting better. I've been driving a tesla for years, if you are driving a route all the time so close to your limit, if there are hills or its cold or you forget to charge up to 100% you'll be sweating the distance.

·
Registered
Future R1S
3 Posts
We were at the Venice Hub on 1/2/2022 and the rep there mentioned that they are still dialing in the limestone color so it's been one of the colors that haven't been released out in the world / in public. Hoping we'll see more soon since this is the color we reserved!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting. Was wondering if there was a reason. Did you happen to see or discuss Red Canyon at all? That’s my configuration and similar to Limestone, I still haven’t really seen the final version in the Wild.
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
Future R1S
3 Posts
Interesting. Was wondering if there was a reason. Did you happen to see or discuss Red Canyon at all? That’s my configuration and similar to Limestone, I still haven’t really seen the final version in the Wild.
Thanks for the update!
We only asked about Limestone but the rep who was there had also ordered Limestone so he was just as interested in seeing a real life limestone. I know he showed me the Green one in depth but I don't actually remember the Red Canyon. In my memory as he showed me some of the photos/videos there was the Yellow and in-person we were able to see Rivian Blue, Launch Green and El Cap.

I was considering changing to the Forest Green over Limestone - this is more because I'm wondering if I wanted something more truly metallic and the Limestone swatch didn't show it as much. It is metallic but not as obvious as the Forest Edge, LA Silver and El Cap.

If it helps this is the swatch photo I took of the Red Canyon. I love this color too!
Table Houseplant Flowerpot Wood Plant

I'll include the others I took as well. But lighting wasn't great since I didn't bring it out to natural light.
Blue Black Wood Textile Sleeve

Blue Azure Bottle Plastic bottle Glove

Brown Wood Wall Font Eyewear

Bag Wood Font Material property Luggage and bags

Table Drinkware Wood Textile Dishware

Product Black Luggage and bags Bag Font

Green Product Bottle Sunglasses Material property

Wood Font Material property Paper Engineering

Product Textile Sleeve Wood Font

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing. I can tell the lighting is throwing some of this off a bit... the El Cap specifically looks more matte charcoal than metallic in the photos, and the Red Canyon looks more red than I remember (if that's possible).

I too love the Limestone and had it configured for months. I decided in the end to switch to Red Canyon for the same reason you mention. I just feel like this truck is special... and I'm seeing a ton of the new flat/matte colors from every make and model out on the road these days and I just decided that this truck deserves a rich, deep, metallic paint finish.... I dunno. I still love the Limestone and might change before finalizing, but I think I'm hanging with Red Canyon.

Did you personally think the El Cap or Forest Green looked as good in person as they say it does? If so, it gives me hope that they'll get all the other deep metallic colors right.

Thanks again for the great info. One more question: How did you find out about the event you went to? The only info I've received from Rivian is that I'm scheduled for a late 2022 (Oct-Dec) delivery timeline... but I'd love to go to a Last Mile event or whatever it is that you went to, but haven't really found anything happening.....

Thanks again!

·
Registered
Future R1S
3 Posts
This is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing. I can tell the lighting is throwing some of this off a bit... the El Cap specifically looks more matte charcoal than metallic in the photos, and the Red Canyon looks more red than I remember (if that's possible).

I too love the Limestone and had it configured for months. I decided in the end to switch to Red Canyon for the same reason you mention. I just feel like this truck is special... and I'm seeing a ton of the new flat/matte colors from every make and model out on the road these days and I just decided that this truck deserves a rich, deep, metallic paint finish.... I dunno. I still love the Limestone and might change before finalizing, but I think I'm hanging with Red Canyon.

Did you personally think the El Cap or Forest Green looked as good in person as they say it does? If so, it gives me hope that they'll get all the other deep metallic colors right.

Thanks again for the great info. One more question: How did you find out about the event you went to? The only info I've received from Rivian is that I'm scheduled for a late 2022 (Oct-Dec) delivery timeline... but I'd love to go to a Last Mile event or whatever it is that you went to, but haven't really found anything happening.....

Thanks again!
I actually have a memory of really liking the Red Canyon and I agree that the photo is making it look more flat. But I think it seemed more metallic with a tinge of orange. It's so hard to tell on a swatch but also in day light I think it will shine. I would say in this lighting... even looking at the swatch of the rivian blue - this is what it kind of would like like indoors / almost in shadowed areas.

At first when I saw the Launch Green I really thought this was what limestone would be, but that's when the rep told us that no Limestones have been released to the public since they are still dialing in the right balance of it. I didn't see the Forest Green other than the swatch and a video he showed us. But I really loved the swatch and in the video it was a whole walk around in daylight setting so you could see how the light / shadow affects it.

This is actually where we went. It's open to everyone.: Venice Hub - Spaces - Rivian

It's such a BEAUTIFUL space I would definitely hang out there all the time if we lived close by. They have wonderful events for kids too. We just happened to be in town and thought it was worth stopping by. A couple of the reps there actually own the truck too, so those were pretty much on display but parked outside of this event space. It looks like they'll be at this Hub for awhile so if you're ever in SoCal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.