Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R1S is configured in RIVIAN blue, but I gotta admit... I am really starting to get interested in this limestone color. Anybody have a limestone R1T truck and can give me any feedback about how much they like or dislike this color? How much flake it has in it? How easily it cleans up or how dirty it looks when it is?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My R1S is configured in RIVIAN blue, but I gotta admit... I am really starting to get interested in this limestone color. Anybody have a limestone R1T truck and can give me any feedback about how much they like or dislike this color? How much flake it has in it? How easily it cleans up or how dirty it looks when it is?
I love the limestone color. Having see all colors in person, I can certainly say it is my favorite color and worth the money. However that is just a matter of personal opinion. I had initially configured my R1T in silver as most threads I read and digital pictures tended to show a greenish grey and did not show the true color. On the configuration it looks to have a greenish hue, but it certainly is not. It’s more of a blueish hue. I would say it is more of a battleship grey. Love, love, love the color. It does have some flake but you can only tell in direct sunlight. It is beautiful IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw Limestone vehicles at the factory from the catwalk above the final pre delivery workspace. That was July 16, 22 and all of the colors were there. I was picking up a Red Canyon, but really liked the Limesone. It seemed to be a bright grey/blue and was very sophisticated and eye catching...
Coincidentally, RJ arrived in Ole Blue with two security guys wearing bulging Hawaiian shirts.
My guide was giving me my delivery lecture, but I honked at RJ who came over and thanked me for my purchase. He has a lot on his mind it looked like, but it also appears that he takes great pleasure in getting a vehicle that he knows is a great one, out to thankful and patient customers.
I told him I had waited three full years which brought a frown from him, but he offered me his hand then, and another sincere thank you.
The vehicle is a dream to drive in everyday life, range of 334 as configured, and costing less than 3 cents a mile to recharge at home off peak. Everyone likes the Red Canyon color, but my next one will be Limestone.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Saw them both in person. The blue on the R1S looks better IMO. The amount of flake is the same in both of these. They’re mostly solid with a tiny bit of flake. On the R1T the limestone looks better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got limestone. Wanted El Cap but wasn't in the shop when I had a chance to get a truck.

I do like that it is kind of a blue and then again can be a silver but is not too much of either. It kind of looks like a concrete color. I agree that there's not much flake in it.

I think it'll do well if you don't want to wash all the time. I think the darker colors show dirt more and we all know that. I also think the lighter color will hide scratches more.

·
Registered
R1T LE
42 Posts
I wanted Limestone for the longest time since I preordered in 2019. It was the unicorn that no one saw in person. I only saw paint samples at the Venice Hub when they opened for pre-order holders only. The sample looked more of a cement / grey color. Then I saw one in person. In the shade it's more grey, in the sun it's baby blue. Needless to say, I got Glacier White instead since it was also free for a Launch Edition. Totally happy with white !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my Limestone R1T for about two months and I love it. I was back and forth between LS and El Cap, always had a preference for LS but was worried about the pictures where it looked blue. In my opinion, it's a better color in real life than in digital photos. I'll attach a picture below of it next to a neighbor's Subaru in their light blue color in case that's helpful.

And for whatever it's worth, I've had lots of friends tell me how much they love the color.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts