Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting rendering for what the new electric Lincoln could look like.

Hopefully the actual design does a bit more to separate it from the R1S than in this one.

Lincoln Electric SUV

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do we know when this SUV is going to come out?
There isn't a hard release date set yet but the Lincoln SUV is expected for 2022.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There isn't a hard release date set yet but the Lincoln SUV is expected for 2022.

Good to know, I'm really interested to see how similar (or not) it looks to the R1S.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I expect it to carry on the new Navigators design but in a more techy looking way that's typical of premium EV's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’d like to see them make it similar to the new Aviator. I was going to put a deposit on the R1S until I heard Lincoln was going to use the Rivian skateboard. I’m one of those older guys who‘d prefer the luxury of Lincoln over the adventure theme of Rivian.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’d like to see them make it similar to the new Aviator. I was going to put a deposit on the R1S until I heard Lincoln was going to use the Rivian skateboard. I’m one of those older guys who‘d prefer the luxury of Lincoln over the adventure theme of Rivian.
Is there something in particular that you wish Rivian would change with the R1S?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having only seen videos and pictures, they‘re focus seems to be toward those seeking adventure, and might like to take the R1S off-road, and don’t mind getting it muddy, both outside and inside. I’m looking for a 3 row EV, about the size of the Lincoln Aviator, that would focus on the luxury. It would need to have carpet, which the R1S doesn’t, be very quiet, have the creature comforts I see in the new Lincolns. The R1S looks like it will have many luxury touches, but I‘m waiting to see what they do with the Lincoln.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Having only seen videos and pictures, they‘re focus seems to be toward those seeking adventure, and might like to take the R1S off-road, and don’t mind getting it muddy, both outside and inside. I’m looking for a 3 row EV, about the size of the Lincoln Aviator, that would focus on the luxury. It would need to have carpet, which the R1S doesn’t, be very quiet, have the creature comforts I see in the new Lincolns. The R1S looks like it will have many luxury touches, but I‘m waiting to see what they do with the Lincoln.
That does seem to be their marketing angle, but I feel like it's more for people that like to go camping (or "glamping") rather than serious off-roading. I think there's going to be more luxury features than expected. But I agree with you their partnership with Lincoln makes things very interesting.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car and Driver created this rendering of the Lincoln SUV. Apprently it's being called the Mark E

Lincoln Mark E

·
Registered
13 Posts
This looks like a wagon. I’m hoping it will be more like the rendering you posted from InsideEvs, or just a fully electric Aviator.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This looks like a wagon. I’m hoping it will be more like the rendering you posted from InsideEvs, or just a fully electric Aviator.
I think it looks pretty good but I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately because of the Coronavirus outbreak it looks like the project may have been scrapped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Unfortunately, it appears to be true. I’m a huge fan of R.J. and what he’s doing. He has so many bright, talented people with him, I‘m confident they will be able to produce world class vehicles.

I was really counting on the Rivian based Lincoln as my first choice for my first EV. I guess I’ll move on to Plan B. . . the Volvo XC90 Recharge BEV that’s supposed to be out in 2022. In the mean time, I’ll be watching closely, what Ford does with a BEV for Lincoln.

I hope all of you on this forum enjoy your Rivian. I’ll be watching from the sidelines.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unfortunately, it appears to be true. I’m a huge fan of R.J. and what he’s doing. He has so many bright, talented people with him, I‘m confident they will be able to produce world class vehicles.

I was really counting on the Rivian based Lincoln as my first choice for my first EV. I guess I’ll move on to Plan B. . . the Volvo XC90 Recharge BEV that’s supposed to be out in 2022. In the mean time, I’ll be watching closely, what Ford does with a BEV for Lincoln.

I hope all of you on this forum enjoy your Rivian. I’ll be watching from the sidelines.

Happy Trails!

I'm sorry to see you go @OldEVGuy, hopefully you find what you're looking for!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts