Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you seen the new trailer? Rivian drove 2 R1Ts from Patagonia up to LA and built up a charging network! This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for (in the R1S...), durability, reliability, accessible maintenance (for an EV). What do you all think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My family has loved watching the first 4 episodes. I'm wondering what people think about it. Here are a couple of thoughts so far:

- I've heard rumors about the law suit connected to the production, alleging that Rivian stretched the capabilities of the trucks to the producers. As a filmmaker myself, I've been watching to see any hints of that in the edits. Who knows what will come in the next several episodes but so far I haven't seen anything to verify that. Certainly in episode 1 they were disappointed at the lack of progress of the truck. It seems that the producers were under a pinch and are indeed struggling a bit with the trucks, but they clearly know that they are stretching the capabilities of the technology. The only bummer is that it seems these prototype vehicles only have a 200 mile range. The two times that the trucks have been out of juice were only a few miles from their destination so just a bit more range (as in the production model) would have rescued them.

- Didn't know that you could get so much range from towing the R1T. They said 80% charge in a 1 hour tow. That's pretty good. I can't imagine when I would use that feature, but still nice to have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts