Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
They are only copying Rivian in the sense that they are trying to "pre-package" the RTT accessory with the vehicle...
If I were to invest in a RTT, I would go hard top (not soft top).
Looks like the Hummer Tent will fold in half lengthwise in order to close, making one of the bottom layers the hard top.
This means either the left or right side of the truck has a folded hardshell running from cabin to the tailgate.
I'd like to see that on the truck in the closed position.
Its a big tent for a RTT. The folded clamshell has got to be about 10" thick! That's a ton of resistance and drag on top of the Hummer
Rivian's soft top has the advantage of being tucked down below on top of the bed, but its a soft top and not as easy to set up or (more importantly) take down to move around.
The best Hard-Top RTT's can go up and come back down in no time. Huge advantages there and for WX protection or setting up in bad WX.
There is a more thoughtful way to configure a RTT for an EV truck (than either Rivian or Hummer have shown).
Still waiting to see who will do it... Just takes some creativity with the rack over the bed!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm sure Yakima will soon have a solution for this in an "off the shelf" format, but you could always buy a topper or go custom with something like a GFC. I wouldn't be surprised if Rivian was already working with Yakima on a Rivian-specific OVERHAUL system, but maybe Wildabeast will chime in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts