Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad about the price hikes? Happy about the rollback? Thinking you might want a Rivian soon and don't want to pay the new much more expensive price for a new preorder?

Just let me know! I'm selling my preorder R1S LE with a delivery window of June - July 2022 because I'm moving abroad. Accepting serious offers $10k+. Still time to customize whatever you want on the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, sorry that I can no longer buy a vehicle I preordered a long time ago, and now I'm looking to give someone else the opportunity to take it for a fair price dictated by a free market.

Really no need to bring negative energy to a post like this when it has nothing to do with you.

If you have a preorder slot and you want to keep it, great, keep in and enjoy your vehicle.

If you have a preorder slot and you don't need it, sell it to someone who does for a fair price.

If you don't have a preorder slot and you want one, buy it for a fair price.

But please don't complain about other people doing reasonable things on public forums when you are not affected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your preorder is not transferable. Another blogger tried this same thing and lost his place in the que; transfer wasn't allowed. That's the deal we all made, including you.
Several other people have also transferred successfully with no issues. Not sure what happened with that particular person.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Several other people have also transferred successfully with no issues. Not sure what happened with that particular person.
They may have exchanged money but Rivian has been sticking to the rules we all signed on to and one person is out some money and other out their reservation.

13. Assignment
You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. Rivian may assign these Terms or your Preorder Fee in our discretion without your consent. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement will be null and void.

14. No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation
Rivian and its affiliates may unilaterally cancel any Preorder that we believe has been made with the intent to resell the Vehicle or otherwise has been made in bad faith. Rivian may also cancel your Preorder if a vehicle, product, feature, or option is discontinued after you place your Preorder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
14. No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation
Rivian and its affiliates may unilaterally cancel any Preorder that we believe has been made with the intent to resell the Vehicle or otherwise has been made in bad faith. Rivian may also cancel your Preorder if a vehicle, product, feature, or option is discontinued after you place your Preorder.
Don't want to get into this too much, but I will say this doesn't apply to my particular case, as I made the preorder fully with the intent to buy it initially. It's just that life changes when you have to wait more than a year for something. Also, technically, the agreement says "made with the intent to resell the VEHICLE", not the PREORDER. Which is in fact different.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I will say this doesn't apply to my particular case
#14 may not apply in your case, but #13 DOES apply. "You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. ... Any assignment in violation of this Agreement will be null and void"

Try it if you want, but be prepared for what may happen. Anyone who paid you money to "transfer" your pre-order might be pretty pissed if they can't use the pre-order you sold them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Don't want to get into this too much, but I will say this doesn't apply to my particular case, as I made the preorder fully with the intent to buy it initially.
So now you no longer intend to buy so would seem the rules do apply. Pre-orders should be reserved for people who plan to drive the truck vs. dropouts or speculators.

You can buy it and resell it, nothing Rivian can do about that but it does cost you and the buyer the Federal EV tax credit and likely any state rebates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts