Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy yall.

I'm late to the Rivian train but I've owned the first gen of 3 different EVs and would love to get my hands on a Rivian LE for a cross country trip! I've been one of the most active early adopters for both the iPace and Taycan and would love to get a Rivian early to provide real world testing.

If anyone is planning to cancel their LE reservation, I'd like to buy it from you. I have confirmed with Rivian this is allowed (for now). This is targeted at people that plan to cancel their LE reservation for whatever reason.

Simply put I'll pay you via paypal to take over your spot.

If you're interested please send me a message on here and we can discuss details.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Howdy yall.

I'm late to the Rivian train but I've owned the first gen of 3 different EVs and would love to get my hands on a Rivian LE for a cross country trip! I've been one of the most active early adopters for both the iPace and Taycan and would love to get a Rivian early to provide real world testing.

If anyone is planning to cancel their LE reservation, I'd like to buy it from you. I have confirmed with Rivian this is allowed (for now). This is targeted at people that plan to cancel their LE reservation for whatever reason.

If you're interested please send me a message on here and we can discuss details.
Curious what you think of the ipace and Taycan

·
Registered
4 Posts
i’ll piggy back on this thread. Lots of things may have changed. Would love an opportunity to buy your reservation. I’m thinking if you are already planning on cancelling the reservation, I could pay you a couple grand to go through the trouble of transferring. thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve got a LE R1T reservation and just got the “April-May 2022” window email this week.

• June 2019 preorder
  • Delivery location Texas
  • Config: Pretty standard LE

I’ve got a deposit down for a 2022 Tundra 1794 Edition … and if I can get my hands on one next month or ~Jan without getting hit with major dealer markup I’ll likely be willing to flip my LE reservation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same. I'm mostly just looking for a launch green truck. Turns out it's my favorite color, but I missed out on a launch edition reservation by a week or two. If anyone is contemplating just canceling theirs for whatever reason, let me know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hmmm, curious on how this transfer would work. And how Rivian allows it.
I am an early Lightning deposit and in the first 20k orders. So I could get a Lightning late 2022.
Still I prefer the Rivian, but fear I wouldn’t get mine till 2023.
Sadly I watched and watched Rivian, but didn’t put down a deposit till Aug 2021. :(
If I was somehow guaranteed a R1T in 2022 I would cancel my Lightning reservation so someone can move up a spot.
I too like the LG color, along with the Limestone.
Mostly it’s about timing. Would love a truck sooner vs later.
Long winded way of saying, if you are canceling a LE R1T, I would love to see about taking that spot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm, curious on how this transfer would work. And how Rivian allows it.
I am an early Lightning deposit and in the first 20k orders. So I could get a Lightning late 2022.
Still I prefer the Rivian, but fear I wouldn’t get mine till 2023.
Sadly I watched and watched Rivian, but didn’t put down a deposit till Aug 2021. :(
If I was somehow guaranteed a R1T in 2022 I would cancel my Lightning reservation so someone can move up a spot.
I too like the LG color, along with the Limestone.
Mostly it’s about timing. Would love a truck sooner vs later.
Long winded way of saying, if you are canceling a LE R1T, I would love to see about taking that spot.
Basically people sell or swap their account.

Think I've got you beat on Lightning order number though! haha.

Yeah, I didn't sit around nearly as long waiting on the Rivian. Unfortunately I waited like 2 weeks too late to get a launch edition, and it turns out that launch green is definitely my favorite color. Not what I expected at all.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Howdy yall.

Hey @SeattleEVS welcome to the forum! I'm @Jarateng I'd love to hear your thoughts on the iPace and Taycan.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Same. I'm mostly just looking for a launch green truck. Turns out it's my favorite color, but I missed out on a launch edition reservation by a week or two. If anyone is contemplating just canceling theirs for whatever reason, let me know.
If you for whatever reason can't get a hold of a launch green one would you get another color for a new truck? Or wait until a pre-owned one goes on sale?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was slow to get on the Rivian train and missed the LE window. I’m interested in purchasing a LE R1S reservation if someone had planned to cancel. Im willing to pay a few thousand dollars (on top of your original deposit) for the reservation. Message me if your interested.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The difference with Rivian, the deposit was $1,000. With the Ford and GM, it was only $100. I too hesitated to put up $1,000 for something I wasn't sure about when it was first available to order. At $100, I have deposits down on 3-4 other EV's and would have easily done the same for the Rivian. Took a while before I was convinced.

Transferring an account should be easy enough. I did it back in the days when Tesla was doing reservations for the Model 3.

Anyone that has a white one on order, happy to purchase the reservation. Just let me know. I'm sure we'll start seeing them pop up for sale somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Depends on each party. All of the offers and transfers I've heard of so far are <5k.
question on your comment wording around "offers and tranfers" . . . are these Rivian offers and transfers you are referring too?

I was told that Rivian isn't offering transfers and that if someone decides against taking delivery they will try to offer that truck to another LE holder. Not sure what would happen if they get to the end of that list and no one wants it, but I also don't think too many people are actually cancelling their orders after the build has started. From my conversation, if someone cancels their LE before its started, that just goes away and its just one less LE that rolls off the factory floor.

Would be great to know if others are hearing different stories from Rivian about this topic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
question on your comment wording around "offers and tranfers" . . . are these Rivian offers and transfers you are referring too?

I was told that Rivian isn't offering transfers and that if someone decides against taking delivery they will try to offer that truck to another LE holder. Not sure what would happen if they get to the end of that list and no one wants it, but I also don't think too many people are actually cancelling their orders after the build has started. From my conversation, if someone cancels their LE before its started, that just goes away and its just one less LE that rolls off the factory floor.

Would be great to know if others are hearing different stories from Rivian about this topic?
The only way people are aware of is to basically sell their Rivian account and change all of the info on it before it goes into production.

My understanding (based on pestering Rivian) is that if someone cancels, they will just make one fewer LE. Customer service isn't sure what will happen if someone returns it within the 7 day window. My guess is they'll just use it as a fleet vehicle, but that will be a very small number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve got a LE R1T reservation and just got the “April-May 2022” window email this week.

• June 2019 preorder
  • Delivery location Texas
  • Config: Pretty standard LE

I’ve got a deposit down for a 2022 Tundra 1794 Edition … and if I can get my hands on one next month or ~Jan without getting hit with major dealer markup I’ll likely be willing to flip my LE reservation.
I'm not sure how far you are from Austin but Cedar Park Toyota is selling at MSRP. I also have a deposit on a 2022 Tundra TRD Pro there. Talk to Christian Behl and he will help you out. I would love to take your LE R1T reservation for providing the dealership recommendation. I like the Launch Green color the best and would love to get a chance to get one! I can even give you my current spot on their wait-list so it works out for both of us? Let me know

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll expand my offer....Right now, looks like my F-150 will be first to arrive. I'm sold that I'm close to being able to place my actual order, then wait 3-4 months to get it. I'm near the top of that list. Also close to the top of the list for the Hummer. I LOVE that thing. It's bad ass. If not for the size and price, that absolutely would be my first choice.

For me at this point, its going to be whoever puts one in my driveway first. I still haven't received a deliver estimate from Rivian, so it appears that I'm not in line for one until 2023, which unfortunately, just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, my expanded offer would be, $5,000 for anyone that wants to sell me their account / reservation that nets a deliver prior August. 2022. Will add $1,000 per month for every month PRIOR to that that it gets delivered. Thus, if someone has a reservation that will be delivered in March, 2022, I'll go to $10K for it.

Offer's on the table. Anybody interested, feel free to contact me. As other's have stated, will even give you my reservation spot so if you're not ready and want to wait till 2023, then collect some cash and still be on the list for a 2023 delivery.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts