Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Same. I'm mostly just looking for a launch green truck. Turns out it's my favorite color, but I missed out on a launch edition reservation by a week or two. If anyone is contemplating just canceling theirs for whatever reason, let me know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmmm, curious on how this transfer would work. And how Rivian allows it.
I am an early Lightning deposit and in the first 20k orders. So I could get a Lightning late 2022.
Still I prefer the Rivian, but fear I wouldn’t get mine till 2023.
Sadly I watched and watched Rivian, but didn’t put down a deposit till Aug 2021. :(
If I was somehow guaranteed a R1T in 2022 I would cancel my Lightning reservation so someone can move up a spot.
I too like the LG color, along with the Limestone.
Mostly it’s about timing. Would love a truck sooner vs later.
Long winded way of saying, if you are canceling a LE R1T, I would love to see about taking that spot.
Basically people sell or swap their account.

Think I've got you beat on Lightning order number though! haha.

Yeah, I didn't sit around nearly as long waiting on the Rivian. Unfortunately I waited like 2 weeks too late to get a launch edition, and it turns out that launch green is definitely my favorite color. Not what I expected at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
question on your comment wording around "offers and tranfers" . . . are these Rivian offers and transfers you are referring too?

I was told that Rivian isn't offering transfers and that if someone decides against taking delivery they will try to offer that truck to another LE holder. Not sure what would happen if they get to the end of that list and no one wants it, but I also don't think too many people are actually cancelling their orders after the build has started. From my conversation, if someone cancels their LE before its started, that just goes away and its just one less LE that rolls off the factory floor.

Would be great to know if others are hearing different stories from Rivian about this topic?
The only way people are aware of is to basically sell their Rivian account and change all of the info on it before it goes into production.

My understanding (based on pestering Rivian) is that if someone cancels, they will just make one fewer LE. Customer service isn't sure what will happen if someone returns it within the 7 day window. My guess is they'll just use it as a fleet vehicle, but that will be a very small number.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is very contrary to what others have apparently been told. Selling or exchanging your reservation is against the terms of your pre-order, so I’d be a bit surprised if Rivian has done a 180 on that without updating those terms. @SeattleEVS, can you share any additional info on what you were specifically told by Rivian?

Normally I’d shut this thread down since we don’t really condone use of this forum to subvert Rivian’s T&C’s, but there is some useful discussion so I’m leaving it open to hopefully learn more about any change to Rivian’s position on the issue.
I second what CL has heard. It also seems like they don't want to shut down a legitimate way to transfer an account if say... you want to give it to your spouse or brother.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I placed my order in 2019. If anyone is looking to purchase my Launch Edition I’m selling it for $7,500. That is after you receive your $7,500 Government rebate the first month you register your new Launch Edition R1S or R1T. Let me know if you’re interested and I can have your Rivian to you by February 2022!!!!
That's not how the tax credit works. Got a screen shot of your delivery window email?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts