Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well, it's going to be interesting to see Rivian prices and how much the R1T will command on the used market (after public deliveries get going). I'm tempted to put in another order for a MAX Pack R1T. I'm guessing I could sell a lightly used LE when the MAX Pack is ready for more than I paid for it at this rate. Is truck flipping now a thing?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
I have confirmed with Rivian this is allowed (for now).
This is very contrary to what others have apparently been told. Selling or exchanging your reservation is against the terms of your pre-order, so I’d be a bit surprised if Rivian has done a 180 on that without updating those terms. @SeattleEVS, can you share any additional info on what you were specifically told by Rivian?

Normally I’d shut this thread down since we don’t really condone use of this forum to subvert Rivian’s T&C’s, but there is some useful discussion so I’m leaving it open to hopefully learn more about any change to Rivian’s position on the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve had a few different people tell me they reached out to CS and they basically stated the didn’t care if the account was transferred. My guess is they are turning a blind eye to the terms because they are more concerned about maximizing deliveries. Essentially, it sounds like they prefer to keep the reservation filled rather than have someone cancel at the last minute and hurt their delivery numbers since this is all reported now due to the IPO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is very contrary to what others have apparently been told. Selling or exchanging your reservation is against the terms of your pre-order, so I’d be a bit surprised if Rivian has done a 180 on that without updating those terms. @SeattleEVS, can you share any additional info on what you were specifically told by Rivian?

Normally I’d shut this thread down since we don’t really condone use of this forum to subvert Rivian’s T&C’s, but there is some useful discussion so I’m leaving it open to hopefully learn more about any change to Rivian’s position on the issue.
I second what CL has heard. It also seems like they don't want to shut down a legitimate way to transfer an account if say... you want to give it to your spouse or brother.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmmm....

A deposit is full refundable.
Demand for the R1T and other EV trucks should remain very high over the next couple of years
Assuming a secondary market for the R1T is insane.
Assuming I could potentially sell my LE for close to what I paid for it when a new MAX Pack is available.
Think I will order another...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure how far you are from Austin but Cedar Park Toyota is selling at MSRP. I also have a deposit on a 2022 Tundra TRD Pro there. Talk to Christian Behl and he will help you out. I would love to take your LE R1T reservation for providing the dealership recommendation. I like the Launch Green color the best and would love to get a chance to get one! I can even give you my current spot on their wait-list so it works out for both of us? Let me know
good intel, friend. I’ll contact that dealer. That said I have a $500 deposit down (1st position) for the 1794 at Fred Haas in Houston ;) but I have not been guaranteed MSRP so I’ll give Cedar Park a call.

I’ll stay in touch if I do consider transferring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
good intel, friend. I’ll contact that dealer. That said I have a $500 deposit down (1st position) for the 1794 at Fred Haas in Houston ;) but I have not been guaranteed MSRP so I’ll give Cedar Park a call.

I’ll stay in touch if I do consider transferring.
Sounds good! Always glad to help a fellow Houstonian. I actually started with Fred Haas but was really disturbed by their "non refundable" deposit. Its unethical without confirmed pricing or potential for markup so I started scouting for other dealerships. Cedar park deposit is $1000 as was the Rivian pre-order but is completely refundable any they are quote "not charging any sort of markup" which is smart. They will make up for in with high allocation volume. Good chance you'll have more trucks/configurations to choose from here. Please keep me in mind for your LE 😁

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm, curious on how this transfer would work. And how Rivian allows it.
I am an early Lightning deposit and in the first 20k orders. So I could get a Lightning late 2022.
Still I prefer the Rivian, but fear I wouldn’t get mine till 2023.
Sadly I watched and watched Rivian, but didn’t put down a deposit till Aug 2021. :(
If I was somehow guaranteed a R1T in 2022 I would cancel my Lightning reservation so someone can move up a spot.
I too like the LG color, along with the Limestone.
Mostly it’s about timing. Would love a truck sooner vs later.
Long winded way of saying, if you are canceling a LE R1T, I would love to see about taking that spot.
Open to relinquishing my spot.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think there are likely two problems with that (based on all the posts here on this forum alone):
1. Nobody wants to sell the LE reservation
2. People are throwing around 10K or more to get in on the LE's
Demand has far outstripped supply in this case... And we are looking at actual deliveries now, also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think there are likely two problems with that (based on all the posts here on this forum alone):
1. Nobody wants to sell the LE reservation
2. People are throwing around 10K or more to get in on the LE's
Demand has far outstripped supply in this case... And we are looking at actual deliveries now, also.
Oh for sure, and this is probably a bad place to look since the people that frequent this site are probably super excited about Rivian.

·
Registered
936 Posts
That is true. And I guess if you do find the place with all the people that aren't super excited about Rivian (maybe a Tesla or coal-rolling forum?), they probably aren't gonna have a rezzie to sell either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m looking for a march-june delivery. I’d consider paying in the $5k range. Sounds like most people that have been able to buy reservations have done so outside of Rivian forums. Most ppl here are eagerly awaiting their deliveries haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yea anyone willing to pay 10k can have at it but I'd never do so. I'd rather throw that into a Max pack and wait out my current reservation which will surely have some revisions by the time it's delivered. That said I'd still buy an LE reservation of any delivery date because I like the Launch Green so much but only for a few thousand to cover the included wheel upgrade as I already spec'd my R1T with the 20" wheels and committed to paying that anyways.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll expand my offer....Right now, looks like my F-150 will be first to arrive. I'm sold that I'm close to being able to place my actual order, then wait 3-4 months to get it. I'm near the top of that list. Also close to the top of the list for the Hummer. I LOVE that thing. It's bad ass. If not for the size and price, that absolutely would be my first choice.

For me at this point, its going to be whoever puts one in my driveway first. I still haven't received a deliver estimate from Rivian, so it appears that I'm not in line for one until 2023, which unfortunately, just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, my expanded offer would be, $5,000 for anyone that wants to sell me their account / reservation that nets a deliver prior August. 2022. Will add $1,000 per month for every month PRIOR to that that it gets delivered. Thus, if someone has a reservation that will be delivered in March, 2022, I'll go to $10K for it.

Offer's on the table. Anybody interested, feel free to contact me. As other's have stated, will even give you my reservation spot so if you're not ready and want to wait till 2023, then collect some cash and still be on the list for a 2023 delivery.
My offer above is still valid. Just send me a PM with your contact info.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts