Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I'm looking for someone interested in doing a reservation transfer - anyone with expected delivery between now and end 2022 - please ping me. Thank you! (NE reservations holders would be great - I live in NJ). Have an R1T on order, but was late to the game. Thank you!

·
Registered
454 Posts
All anyone can sell is the password to their Rivian account. Rivian would see an email address and credit card change. Credit card change would be trickiest part. You have to add one before deleting the old so either the buyer or selling is going to see someone else's credit card info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All anyone can sell is the password to their Rivian account. Rivian would see an email address and credit card change. Credit card change would be trickiest part. You have to add one before deleting the old so either the buyer or selling is going to see someone else's credit card info.
Super helpful. Has anyone been successful in doing something like this?

·
Registered
486 Posts
You need to do a little research - read the forums a bit as this has been discussed in detail many times. Bottom line is this violates the pre-order agreement and if you're going to try doing this you need to look into the issues to make sure you understand what you're getting into. If someone tries to sell you a reservation ask for details about how they plan to accomplish that. And I'd have a lawyer draw up an agreement so that you don't get screwed if it falls through.

I have not heard anyone claiming that they have successfully transferred a reservation.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Has anyone been successful in doing something like this?
No known case of a reservation that was sold that turned into an actual Rivian delivery but because it is against the Rivian's rules, maybe they are just keeping quiet about it though if someone did manage to get a Rivian by paying to jump the line, once Rivian delivered the vehicle it can't be taken back....but still no actual known case of a sale of a reservation resulting in a vehicle delivery.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts