Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like R1 Production ramp up a lot based on the following latest video (please ignore figures mentioned by AD1CAR guy as these figures wrong when compared with shareholder letter). .

You can see how much stuff they have in the factory to get deliver R1's ... likely supplychain issues for one or two parts out of 100K parts...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Rivian built 2,553 vehicles in Q1 2022 and delivered 1,227 during the same time.

I wonder how much we could see deliveries go up the rest of the year.

"Rivian produced 2,553 vehicles in the first quarter, putting it on course to meet its production goal of 25,000 EVs this year, the company said Tuesday.

Rivian also reported that it delivered 1,227 vehicles in the first quarter. The production figures include a mix of the Rivian R1T pickup truck, R1S SUV and the commercial vans it is making for Amazon, a Rivian shareholder.

“These figures are in line with the company’s expectations, and it believes it is well positioned to deliver on the 25,000 annual production guidance provided during its fourth quarter earnings call on March 10, 2022,” the company said in a statement.

In March, Rivian lowered its production guidance to 25,000 vehicles in 2022 due to supply constraints. Analysts had expected Rivian to produce closer to 40,000 EVs in 2022, but supply constraints augmented by Russia’s war in Ukraine and the lingering effects of the pandemic caused the company to adjust its target."

·
Registered
229 Posts
"The production figures include a mix of the Rivian R1T pickup truck, R1S SUV and the commercial vans"
I wonder how production is going for the EDVs and why deliveries are so far behind production?
Ditto, especially for the R1S. How many were produced/delivered? And where are these new R1S owners? (literally and figuratively) <in Pink Floyd tone> "Is anybody (R1S owners) out there?" Perhaps the R1S has only been produced but not delivered? Even if that's the case, sure would be nice if Rivian would start sharing some news on the R1S.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's a bit concerning that we do not have more information regarding the production quantities and mix. I would think that if the ramp-up was going smoothly, Rivian would at least be teasing some of that good news.

We can hope that we get additional detail when Rivian releases their next earnings report on 11 May. I'm confident that Rivian will provide guidance on whether or not they are on target to meet the revised production figure of 25,000 units, but will not be surprised if there is limited (or no) information on the numbers of R1T/S's, R1T Max's & EDV's produced until later in the year.

On a related note, we were promised that there would be more information regarding deliveries on our Rivian accounts "early in 2022." Has anyone seen added delivery detail on their accounts page yet?

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the below is the only thing that changed for me. FWIW, I rec'd a guide, had my intro call, confirmed my configuration, rec'd my pre-purchase agreement, completed that via docusign, and now see this:

Want to update your configuration?
Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the below is the only thing that changed for me. FWIW, I rec'd a guide, had my intro call, confirmed my configuration, rec'd my pre-purchase agreement, completed that via docusign, and now see this:

Want to update your configuration?
Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing.
What was your delivery window?

My pre order date was 3/23/2021 and my estimated delivery window is Jul-Sep 2022. R1T/Adventure/FG/LgPack/BM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts