Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lordstown CEO recently said "Our initial foray is into fleets, and we have pre-sold 100,000 of these vehicles to various fleets across America — really a big appetite" and went on to say "You've got a fleet using a 17-mile per gallon pickup truck for the last 30 years and we come out with one that gets the equivalent of 75 miles per gallon. There is a lot of demand and excitement about it."

Although these are just fleet sales and not for regular owners. it does place Lordstown in much better position to eventually sell the Endurance pickup truck to us. That said. would you consider it over the Rivian R1T?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Although these are just fleet sales and not for regular owners. it does place Lordstown in much better position to eventually sell the Endurance pickup truck to us. That said. would you consider it over the Rivian R1T?
Not initially, no. Lordstown hasn’t demonstrated that their product has the features I want nor do they appear to be close to producing such a product.

People complain about Rivian not sharing details, but compared to Lordstown, Rivian is an open encyclopedia.

That said, I always explore all my options when I’m ready for a new vehicle, so next time I’m in the market, if they’ve got something to show me, I’ll look.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It fills a need for a basic work truck. It only has a 250+ mi range and doesn't have the same performance specs as an R1T. It will be interesting to see how the price ($52,500) compares to the base model R1T.
I prefer Rivian for performance and style.

·
Registered
252 Posts
They're marketing to utilities companies and delivery businesses that are making wholesale conversions to EV. It's not an "adventure" platform, however that plays out.

·
Registered
640 Posts
If I was looking for a pure work truck sure I'd consider Lordstown. But for a daily driver the R1T fits my needs much better.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not initially, no. Lordstown hasn’t demonstrated that their product has the features I want nor do they appear to be close to producing such a product.

People complain about Rivian not sharing details, but compared to Lordstown, Rivian is an open encyclopedia.

That said, I always explore all my options when I’m ready for a new vehicle, so next time I’m in the market, if they’ve got something to show me, I’ll look.
In many of our interactions with their customer service team, I was surprised by how much new information was being shared. A lot of it so good that it should probably be up on the official Rivian site in some form.

·
Registered
640 Posts
In many of our interactions with their customer service team, I was surprised by how much new information was being shared. A lot of it so good that it should probably be up on the official Rivian site in some form.
It's been a pleasant surprise to see how responsive their staff has been with people's questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts