Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
You're right, fob is BT, but both the band and the card are NFC, it think. I don't recall if I've ever seen an official statement about the exact RF technology they're using, though. That just reinforces my opinion that there was a bad OTA upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First week fob tidbit! Don’t sit it on the phone charger, it will suck the battery down. Buy a few 2450 batteries on Amazon for the fob. Hold down the frunk and tailgate buttons together until it pairs. Truck must be unlocked to pair.

update: turns out it was a bad fob. New one on the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How do you sit on the Rivian phone charger???!!!!
I’ve only used it for 2 days. Pretty slow and a little finicky. You have to lay the phone in a specific direction. I was a little concerned when they didn’t have CarPlay, but Alexa has filled the gap. You pretty much can run the car from voice commands and don’t need to touch your phone once on the charger.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ah, thanks I misread that, and I thought YOU were sitting on the charger! LOL.

YES, 100%... I was told not to put keys on the charger. I am thinking about disabling the power to the charger pad itself. There was another thread about this somewhere else. Given that wireless charging is really weak, and given that the charging pad is an easy spot to throw down a key, or to store a key in the slot right next to the pad, I see little utility for it. The phone slides all over the pad when driving, and it really isn't doing anything. I would rather just plug it into the USB-C in the center console and leave it in there, if I needed power. Works fine with voice. Would still love to see Apple Car Play - even if only for WAZE!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Or trucks for that matter!
I'm now lucky to have all of the above, but my key cards don't seem to be connecting and need a refresh or need to be paired to the vehicle.

Haven't bothered to submit a ticket yet since we get 4 keys, and will get a bracelet, but will reach out to my guide or CS soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts